Monday, December 12, 2011

Meeting Milestones and Santa...what a week!!!

so cool in my hat!

the shirt says it all!
Development:
He's no Fred Astaire yet, but your little one's movements are getting a bit more coordinated. You'll notice that the jerky arm and leg movements of his newborn days have given way to smoother, more circular motions, especially when he's watching people. Give your baby enough space to stretch and move his arms and legs. Lay a blanket on the floor and let him move as he pleases. These movements can help your baby strengthen and tone his developing muscles. On his tummy, he'll start to push off with his legs — the first step in getting on the move.
He is still a little wiggle worm never stopping his arm or leg motions. Even in his sleep. He is definitely more coordinated though and doesnt hit himself quite as much with his little fists! :) He is really strong for being so small. He already puts a lot of weight on his legs and pushes off anything he can get his feet against. I think we are in big trouble when he becomes mobile!!! He is smiling all the time now and even giggling quite a bit! He mimicks our mouth movements when you talk to him and its just the cutest thing. He coos and makes noises all the time now. He is so alert and really focuses on things now. I cant beleive how much he has grown lately. He is so long and filling out his 3 month old outfits very nicely! We have been keeping him very busy and I know with the holidays around the corner it will get even busier. I try to nurse him as much as possible when we are out and about or he is being handled by lots of people. I feel like it helps calm him and I am able to take him away from the madness for a bit so he doesnt get so tired out.

so cool in my POLO outfit!

me and mommy!
I cant beleive that this is the last week I get to be home with him 24/7. These 12 weeks have flown by and Ive enjoyed every single second. Its going to be a super hard adjustment next week and I am completely dreading it! It's going to be hard giving up control and letting someone else feed, burb, and play with him their own way instead of the way I do it :) Wish me luck!

Development:
At this age, your baby should be open to making friends with babies and adults alike. You may notice that he smiles when he sees anyone come in the room or holds out his arms when someone wants to hold him.
Now's a good time to introduce your baby to sitters or other people who might be looking after him later on. Have potential caregivers come over and spend time with you and your baby. Later on, he may be consumed by stranger anxiety, making a simple introduction seem impossible.Do remember that babies have different temperaments and some are less open to new people than others. If your baby doesn't welcome someone new with open arms, be patient, hold him close, and reintroduce him. It may just take some time. Familiar surroundings will help introductions go more smoothly.

Easton is super good with other people holding him. I think its because Brian and I were very good about letting family and friends hold him and visit him right away. He has had a lot of playdates lately. We went over to Cally's house and played with the Kutler Boys, Aunt Kati came over one night last week, Neva Bauer came over one afternoon for a visit, and Suzie, Patti, and Carol came over to hang out with Easton last week too! He is quite the social butterfly these days.

hanging with Neva

showing some love to the monkey Suzie Ancona gave me

seeing my girlfriend Colette at Champions on Sunday

Checking out Colette when she wasnt looking :)
We met Santa this past weekend as well. It didnt phase him one bit. I think next year may be a different story but right now he just sees santa as a big guy in a soft outfit and feels good to snuggle against! We saw santa at our work on Saturday (Brian, me and my mom all work at the same place), and then we saw santa on Sunday at Champions Run Golf Course during their Sunday Brunch time.
Santa at LFG

Santa at Champions
Also in BIG NEWS Easton has moved to his own crib. Mommy wasnt too excited about it at first. She felt some separation anxiety but he is actually sleeping so much better and longer in his own crib and in his own room. I think its quieter in there with no dog or cat noises :) Sunday night he slept from 10:30pm-5:30am (world record for Easton) and last night he slept from 9:30pm to 3:45am which I was still super impressed with. Its been really nice for mommy and daddy too!!! We have a video monitor with night vision so I can still see him and hear him anytime I feel the need to check on him (Which the first night was like every five minutes..LOL). We are pretty proud of our little monkey and hope he keeps it up!
such a big boy in his own crib!

We also stopped by our in home daycare last week so that Mary Pat could meet Easton and introduce him to the other 6 kids she watches. They are all 2yrs old and there is one 4yr old. They all knew his name and loved him! It was so cute. She held Easton and they all gathered around and wanted to know all about him and pet him etc. It really made us feel great about taking him to her Mon-Thurs. and actually excited about it! She is wonderful and he will have so much fun there especially once he gets bigger and more mobile! Jan 3rd is the first day he goes there! It'll be here before we know it!
Our family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment