Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Back to work I go

Well just wanted to update very quickly on how being back to work is going. Its not easy or fun and I sure do miss the little man! I race home to snuggle him each day...basically Im a baby hog right now. I dont want to put him down or share him at all :) Work is super busy as this is our crazy time of year so that is helpful with making the time fly and pumping at work also makes the day go fast bc I get 20min breaks 3 or 4 times during my 10 hour day. I know this is only day 3 but I think Im holding up better than I thought I would. Monday I pulled myself together and the second I got into the car I had a note on my steering with a nice little encouraging message from Easton :) which of course brought me to tears and then Brian brought flowers to my desk from lil E as well to help make me smile.

The nice thing about Monday and Tuesday was that my mom was with him and I was getting updates via email every couple of hours so I knew he was being good, staying on schedule, and having so much fun with grandma. It really helped! Grandma Becky had such a great two days. I would get home from work and she would stick around even longer just to tell me about Eastons day and catch up! It was really nice. Im so lucky to have such an amazing mother. This is Xmas week and she is having my brother and his girlfriend stay at their house all weekend, and hosting a huge family Xmas day event so I know there are many things she couldve been doing like cleaning her house, preparing groceries, Xmas shopping etc. but instead she chose to spend time with Easton and come over to my house and watch him for me so that I was comfortable with what she knew was a hard situation/transition! She's the best! Its a really nice transition to get me used to someone else watching him, but still knowing he is around his familiar favorite things. It was so nice just to leave work and come home and have my little man there smiling and waiting for me! Also by Tuesday my week is half over!!!!!

Today Eastons grandpa Dennis is staying with him. Im sure they are having lots of fun! (and doing boy things LOL). Hopefully he is just as good for him as he has been the past two days. Guess Ill find out when I get home :)
                                                             Just hanging with grandpa!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment