As normal life has been busy busy. Just wanted to do a little photo dump and a couple quick stories to accompany them since I had the time and energy :) St. Patricks Day also happens to be my father in laws bday. We were very excited to take him to Champions for dinner with the whole crew. That morning as we were dressing the kids in their green and getting the treats ready for Mary's house we kept talking about St. Patricks Day. This is Eastons face when we told him he still had to go to Marys. He wanted to go to Patrick's (uncle pat's) for Patricks day. The poor little guy was so confused. Luckily we had dinner with them all that night so he did eventually get to see him.
 |
| Everyone being silly with their mustaches for Papa K's bday...Ben wasn't a fan |
Brians line or work deals with the world of athletics so he gets hooked up with tickets and experiences that make both my mom and brother green with envy. Sometimes I get to reap the rewards of his hard work and connections. The March Madness games started off here in Omaha and of course the KU Jayhawks were a part of that...and luckily their games were here. We got front row center seats and an up close and personal view of the first game (the one they won luckily) as well as the other games that happened that day. It was a fun experience and a nice day date with my honey!

That same weekend we did a lot of fun family activities. One included getting both boys haircuts. The reason we only have pictures of Ben is bc he is good during hair cuts. We don't have to restrain him at all. Simply give him a graham cracker and he will sit there and let the lady clip and buzz away. Easton on the other hand needs to have both hands pinned down and someone to hold his head still when the buzzers come out. Something about the sound and anything near his ears makes him crazy. We thought perhaps after Easton watched how well Benjamin did he would try to copy his behavior....we were wrong. :)
 |
| sweet lil face |
 |
| cruising |
 |
| doing as he's told....one of the only times he does that lol |
We took the boys to the Air and Space Museum. Brian and Easton have gone before but I haven't gone in years and years so it was fun for me to join the boys this time. There were so many fun things for kids of all ages to do (even stuff for someone as young as Ben). Lots to see and tons of space to run around (or crawl around in Bens case). There were a lot of cool science type experiments and hands on activities too. We had a great time and then had a little picnic there and came home for a family nap :)
 |
| The boys LOVES cars |
 |
| Easton and Daddy doing an earthquake experiment |
 |
| Thought the lucky lady emblem fit perfectly to how I feel with these two munchkins |
 |
| Astronaut Easton |
 |
| Thumbs up...ready for take off |
 |
| This face! |
 |
| Climbing anything he can find |
Ben has also decided that he LOVES to be naked. Literally changing his diaper or trying to get pants on him is now an Olympic sport. The child won't sit still and the second he feels fresh air on his bum he is off to the races. But baby boy buns are too cute not to snap pictures of so excuse the nudity but I had to share.
 |
| Naked as a J-bird (my parents used to say that to us kids when we were younger and now I find myself saying the same thing) |
 |
| so proud of himself |
 |
| just playing with cards in the buff |
 |
| figured out how to take his own pants off...no clue how he did that one |
 |
| bath time in mommys big bath |
 |
| throwing in all our toys |
 |
| Easton trying to climb in alone...dont worry i put the camera down and assisted....boys!!!! |
 |
| Brothers Bubbles and Bathing |
We got our Easter Egg dying on this past weekend. Easton made Monster Eggs of course. Now for us to find different ways to eat hard boiled eggs bc he won't...lol Lucky for us Ben will eat literally anything you put in front of him so he has helped to make sure they don't go to waste. Easton also now refuses to smile normally at the camera. Im pretty sure I won't intentionally get a good picture of him for at least another 10 years.....
 |
| all ready to dye the eggs |
 |
| concentrating hard...this is serious business |
 |
| creating the monsters |
 |
| finished product |
Easton is our sweet and sensitive child. However that makes telling him no a whole ordeal. Simply telling him to stop doing something, be nice, or just the word "no" sends him running away in a very dramatic fashion. Most of the time he scoots all the chairs away and gets under the kitchen table and then moves the chairs back. He literally puts himself in a cage. LOL. I try so hard not to laugh bc he is trying to be serious about it....but even he knows its a bit overkill when he isn't in trouble he is just being asked not to do something he was doing. I was lucky to capture one of these moments bc I had been taking pictures of Ben when it happened. This kid needs to go into show business asap!
 |
| Acting oh so hurt that i told him not to throw the hard ball in the house |
 |
| Laughing the second I told him he was being ridiculous and smiled at him... |
We also took a little trip to see the Easter Bunny. We had been talking about it all week long so last Friday I got them up, bathed, dressed, and off we went. We were first in line and of course the bunny showed up 20 min late so already both boys were over sitting still. Easton was actually sitting on the floor of the ball saying "this is taking forever mom!" I had to agree with him. Finally we saw the bunny walking towards us. Easton got up waved and acted very excited. "Im not going to cry this year mom....Ill help Benny" We they called us up. We put Ben on one knee and then went to grab Easton....where was he? Oh there he is cowering behind my leg...giving it a death grip. "I am not going over there mom" SIGH~ okay. So they said i could sit off to the side where I wouldn't be in the picture and Easton could just sit on the bend next to Ben and the Bunny....nope Easton wasn't going to do that either. FINE just take the picture of Ben and lets go! So Benny got his picture taken, I paid way too much for a couple silly Easter bunny picture and off we went to get some lunch.
When we got in the car....
ME: "well Easton I guess the Easter bunny will just come and only hide eggs for Ben this year now"
Easton: "How bout this mom? He can come and hide eggs for Benny....and then I can find them for Ben...cuz he's a baby. Does that sound like a good idea?
ME: "well played my son...well played"
This child is going to be an actor or a lawyer. Everything is a negotiation or somehow he has figured out a way to eventually get what he wants somehow. I can't help but smile bc he is so dang cute and way too smart for his own good. He also let me know "Mom I just like Santa I don't like the Eater bunny" so stay tuned bc Im sure ill have some great stories from Easter weekend when we go to our golf course's Easter Egg hunt and then their Easter brunch...both of which has the Easter bunny in attendance.
 |
| Easton said he'd take pictures with this bunny instead..... |
We also welcomed the newest Kalasek this past weekend. Patrick and Angie welcomed baby Brynlee Marie on Saturday. 8 lbs 1oz and 20 inches. I think she looks just like Baylor/Patrick. Dark hair and adorable. For coming early she's a big girl. I hear big babies sleep better so for Angies sake I really hope that holds true. Cant wait to see her again after they've all adjusted to being a family of 4.
 |
| all Brynlee's cousins from both sides |
We spent this week getting some fun treats made to take to our friends and Mary Pat's this week to celebrate Easter. Some carrots filled with cheerios and goldfish. Some Easter Bunny Juice boxes. And a bread loaf made into a bunny with veggies and ranch for snack time. Love doing things like this and now that Easton can semi-help me it makes it all that more fun! Hope everyone has a lovely Easter!
God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment