SOOO SOOO Happy that the sun has come out to play with us! Hopefully the ability to play outside and get some fresh air will reduce the colds that have been constant with the boys. Each time Ben gets a cold he gets an ear infection so Im ready to be done with those as well. There is nothing worse than when your babies done feel good! We have been taking advantage of the good weather and lack of busy schedules lately. 2 weekends ago we took the boys to Aurora to spend the day with my grandparents. The boys had the best time and it was great to give my grandparents something to look forward to. Hopefully we didn't wear them out too bad. It was so nice out that after lunch we walked down to the park near their home and let the boys run wild. Ben is still getting used to the feel of sand and grass and its so fun watching him explore things for the first time!
 |
| so glad to be at the park with the sunshine and fresh air |
 |
| thanks for the sweet outfit Sean and Trayci |
 |
| Slides with daddy |
 |
| hide and go seek |
 |
| had to include this. my grandpa is the cutest! |
 |
| quick break before running wild again |
 |
Playing Trouble with great grandma Morgan. Cant believe my 88 year old grandma still gets down on the floor to play with the great grand kids! |
Last week Patrick and Angie invited us to go to Bounce U with them. Easton and Baylor had a blast and ran off a whole lot of energy. Its so fun watching them play together! Cant wait for the newest Kalasek baby girl to arrive (As of now the plan is for Angie to be induced April 2nd). Next year it will be Benny and the new arrival running around!
 |
| Bounce U with Baylor and Uncle Pat |
Not a whole lot of updates for us. Easton has decided that he needs to match Ben everyday and especially at night time. They MUST wear matching jammies. Each night I will ask Easton to go pick out his jammies and his response is always "whats Ben going to wear"....its a good excuse for me to shop for them though :) The other day Easton was insistent that Ben match him. Easton had on a shark t-shirt and the only thing Ben had with a shark on it was a tank top we got him in Aruba. Im the mom that put the tank top over a long sleeve onesie so they could match. He looked ridiculous but Easton was so proud to go places and point out to everyone how they matched. Its so incredible how much Easton adores and dotes over Ben. We have started telling Ben "NO" when he is being naughty (we've entered the phase where after he's done eating he loves to throw the food on the floor...unfortunately there is no dog anymore to clean it up!). Anytime we say "no" to Ben Easton always says "Mom Bens nice...be nice to him" lol.
 |
| SMOOCHES |
 |
Brothers and Best Buds
|
Ben is our big eater. Easton is hit or miss. Ben will literally eat anything you put in front of him and then usually finishes Eastons plate as well. I have no clue where this goes bc he's still not 20lbs yet at 12 months old. We finally finished off all the breast milk I had stored and started real milk. He chugs that just the same so obviously the transition didn't phase him. Also we have FINALLY started sleeping through the night. It took a year but man oh man are we a happier mommy and daddy lol! Both Friday and Sunday the boys slept until past 8am. I seriously don't no what to do with myself when they do this. I get to shower in peace and quiet, I can start breakfast without someone climbing up my leg, Brian and I can snuggle in bed and watch real TV (not weekend cartoons)....it was pretty awesome! Knock on wood that this keeps up!
 |
| Love his hair always |
 |
| happiest when shoveling food in his face |
 |
| Mooching food from big brother |
 |
| SUCCESS...grabbed the entire donut hole |
My parents were in Florida this past week so I checked in on their house and cats. I was in the storage room feeding the little fur balls when I saw the old record player my grandma Morgan had for us growing up. She had children's stories on records and when we spend the night (which was almost weekly) she would play the records to help us fall asleep. I got it out and it still worked so Easton listened to one of the records (Rumpelstiltskin). It brought back so many memories and how fun now that I get to share that with my little ones!
 |
| <3 LOVE |
The following day I channeled my other Grandmother. Grandma French, who we called Cece, used to take us to feed the ducks when her and Papoo (grandpa French) lived in KC on the plaza. We went and did the same thing Saturday and Easton loved it. I swear I could feel her smiling down on us as we were tossing the bread at the duckies
 |
| Feeding duckies |
Couple more pictures from our weekend of fun and sunshine! Hope everyone got outside this past weekend and today! Can you believe 80 + degrees in March! LOVE IT!~
 |
| Benny and Mommy Selfie |
 |
| Matching PJs |
 |
| Benny LOVES his brother |
 |
| my crazies |
No comments:
Post a Comment