As the colder weather approached I am getting more and more creative with activities to do inside with Easton. I am very much a warm weather person so anything in the warm comfort of our home is a must during our days together. I know I say this almost every blog but Easton is definitely a boy now. All traces of baby are long gone. He is speaking in complete sentence (which sometimes freak Brian and I out....we cant beleive some of the things that come out of his mouth). He knows his shapes- including diamond, heart, and stars. He loves to point out the shapes of things when we see them. He loves singing his ABC's to us. Although if I try to chime in he says "no no mama" and starts over (apparently he is unimpressed by my musical ability). He still loves counting, dancing like crazy (especially in public), coloring, and building things only to knock them down and start all over again.
Brian and I like to think that we are polite people, however I am going to give 80% of the credit to Mary Pat and daycare. Easton is beyond polite and has amazing manners. He's very into sharing which I hope continues for when Baby Benjamin joins us in March. He is constantly saying "pwease" "fank you" "welcome" "scuse you or scuse me" and "bless you". He will also call you out if you burb and dont excuse yourself. He will say "scuse you dada" :) Nothing like a child to keep you humble and in check!
 |
| Playing with the light up silly glasses Nana got him during her work trip to San Francisco last week |
 |
| SO COOL! |
 |
| Figured out how to get the Xmas lights to turn on and off |
Easton and I have spent a lot of time doing fun lil' things together. A couple weekends ago while Brian needed to work on our basement we went to the movie "Free Birds" It was super cute and Im not going to lie I figured that we would maybe make it through 30 min of it before we had to exit. I chose a 9:30am showing hoping there would be no one else in the theatre just incase. Unfortantely I am not the only mother who thinks like that so there was quite a few families in there with little ones. I was smart and had snacks and juice on hand for back up. The movie was only 90min and suprisingly we made it through the entire thing. He has snacks to keep him occupied and he loved waching the "birdies" on screen. He was amazed by the entire thing! It was fun to just watch his face. Im pretty sure I spent more time watching him then the actual movie. He is my world and I just love watching him discover new things. We also made cookies this week. They always bake together at Mary Pat's so i thought Id give it a whirl. He was great and pouring and stirring things. He was not so great and waiting for the cookies to bake. He kind of wanting them to be ready as soon as he was bored with stirring the dough. He was pretty excited to test the finished product!
 |
| Devouring the cookie before even touching his real lunch |
 |
| "stir stir stir" |
 |
| Mamas lil helper |
 |
| Husker game with Papa (E watching Mickey on the I Pad) |
 |
| Easton at his first movie. Puffs and his own seat....life is good! |
We are moving right along in this pregnancy with baby #2. When you have a 2 year old who keeps you on your toes you don't have much time to focus on the actual pregnancy. We are 25 weeks and Easton came along with me to my last appointment. Its a quick one where they just measure my ever growing belly and listen to the heartbeat.Before we left the house I told him we were going to visit Dr Berryman and listen to baby Ben's heartbeat. He of course had to grab his baby Ben and take him with me. Once in the exam room Easton stood on the table and yelled "mama I hear it I hear it" as we listened to the sweet sound of Benjamin's heart beating away. We are right on track with the early March due date. With the holidays coming up I feel like its crunch time to get everything all ready for his arrival. First on the agenda is to get Eastons furniture moved into the new nursery and Easton some big boy furniture. He is very excited to be a big brother. He feeds and burbs his Baby Ben and likes to put him to "nigh night" every night before we go upstairs for his bed time.
I have been feeling fantastic this entire pregnancy which is exactly how I felt with Easton too. I get tired a bit more easily this time but I am also running after a 2 year old 24/7 :) My stomach is in full force and I love it! Benjamin moves constantly which I also adore...especially at night which makes it hard to wind down and fall asleep but its such an incredible feeling I cant complain too much about it. This time around I really haven't had any major cravings or food aversions. I still enjoy my frozen yogurt and kinda love that in the winter places like Cherry Berry and TCBY are pretty empty...I may be keeping them in business this winter!
Hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving this week! Cant believe its almost December! God Bless!
 |
| Going to hear Baby Ben's heartbeat |
No comments:
Post a Comment