Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Time Fun!

We've been very busy the past couple of weeks! Mommy and Easton have spent lots of quality time at the park and at the pool so daddy can work on finishing our basement!

 Easton loves to swing and just hang out in the grass (when its not 100 degrees out)
 Easton loves the pool. We always make lots of new friends every time we go. He loves splashing and playing with his duckies in the baby pool. Mom enjoys talking to other moms and swapping stories.
snack time!

 We finally have Easton on a great napping schedule twice a day! I put on Mickey Mouse ClubHouse and him and I snuggle on our bed and it takes about 10min and he is out. If he has played extra hard I don't even have to lay with him he just rolls on his side and falls right to sleep! He is so happy when he wakes up from a nice long snooze!
 Easton is also clapping lots. Anytime he hears "yeah" he claps automatically. Its his new favorite "trick". He is still doing his butt hop to get around or barrel rolling. He is choosing not to crawl the conventional way :) He will hold himself up on furniture so we are betting that he will continue his bootie scooting until he is ready to walk on his own. He is baby "talking" a ton now. Of course he has "da da" down wonderfully and will say that all day long. He only says "ma ma" when he is tired or crabby and is reaching for me or being clingy. We also caught him saying "doggie" this past weekend. Him and Yukon are best buds. His new favorite game is holding food out over his high chair for Yukon to get. He laughs hysterically. I'm the mom who video tapes this instead of scolding him so I'm sure I helped form a terrible habit but its so darn cute...(i know i know it wont be cute forever LOL)!
watch me clap mom

now look at my monster face! GRRRRR
 Easton is eating big people food more now too! He really loves bread and guacamole the best so far. This weekend pancakes were a huge success as well. Still not a fan of the sippy cup so we are still working on that one. His hair is getting so thick and out of control. I think I am going to have to bite the bullett and get at least the back trimmed when I go in for my next cut and color. Of course we will have Trayci trim it up since she is the only one I let touch my hair :) and I went into labor at Blondes salon so its only fitting that Easton gets his hair done there! :) Speaking of labor we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Easton's first cousin......hopefully this week Ill be able to update the blog with pictures of the two of them together!!!

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me so happy :) I can't believe he is already starting to say words...I wish I could hear it!! Let's try and Skype soon so E can show us all his new tricks!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete