 |
| our lil' bunny!!! |
Easton is all ready for Easter next weekend! We get to spend it with both the French and Kalasek sides so it will be very busy but very fun! Easton already got his Easter basket from Grandma and Grandpa French. We were over there for most of the day Saturday so Grandma went ahead and let him have it early (bc he was getting crabby and there were toys and books inside it LOL). We spent today making Easter goodies to take to daycare this week for all the kids and Mary Pat.
 |
| yep- Im that mom that has to bring theme snacks for every occasion :) |
In other news Easton is starting to really get the hang of eating solid foods. However I did have my first big "Im the worst mother ever" moment last week. We started him off with sweet potatoes. He was getting a little rash around his mouth, chin, and upper chest area. We assumed it was from all the drooling that he has been doing recently. In the mornings you didn't see anything and then by the end of the day it was pretty bad...that is why we thought it was just eczema and irritated from his constant drool. That was last weekend. On Monday when I went to pick him up MaryPat said to me "I don't think you should feed him sweet potatoes anymore? He seems to be having a reaction to them" OMG! I told her I didn't make that connection bc I thought if he was allergic to them or something he would break out all over his body.....not true she let me know! So my poor lil man was itching for 3 days all bc I kept feeding him the sweet potatoes never thinking that the rash was from the food. Now it makes sense why he kept spitting them out and wouldn't swallow them bc the second we introduced him to green beans he ate them right up and his rash completely went away. I felt terrible and still do! You don't know what you don't know but thank goodness I have someone like Mary Pat in my life. Shes been taking care of kids for 23+ years on top of raising 3 of her own so she is the best advisor for us to go to when it comes to questions and issues with Easton.
He started off pretty slow going with the whole solid food thing. He wasn't too sure about it but now we have quite the lil piggy on our hands. Granted he still isn't eating more than 2 ounces of baby food per sitting but that's a huge improvement from when he wasn't even getting down a Tablespoon at a meal. His diapers let us know that he is getting a good amount of food down. His stools are way more solid and VERY STINKY! :) We started carrots this weekend and oh boy does he love them! He lunges at the spoon and cant swallow them fast enough. Of course by the end of each meal both him and I are orange but its worth it....he's just so darn cute!
 |
| mom! what are you doing with the camera...concentrate this boy is HUNGRY! |
 |
| dont take the spoon away~ i must devour every drop! |
 |
| what? They arent all gone are they? |
 |
| oh good! Theres still more. I got this mom...I can feed myself |
 |
See! Im such a big boy!
|
Next up we are going to try peas. We hope it goes as well as the carrots did! He is so fun these days! He rolls over like crazy from tummy to back and also from back to tummy. He is trying to sit up on his own but still needs to get a bit stronger.....Brian and I are truly enjoying all the new things that he teaches us and we can teach him on a weekly basis. I swear every time I think I couldn't possibly love him anymore my heart grows even bigger to allow more love!
No comments:
Post a Comment