School has begun again. Its always a relief and a struggle (and we are only dealing with Pre-K here!). This will be Eastons 2nd year at Gingerbread House Pre-School. He LOVED it last year and so did we. This year he is going 3 days a week and he has 4 other friends at Mary's also going. His best friend, Landon, is in his class which is a good & bad thing as they fight/compete with each other like they are brothers. His teacher Mrs. Fehringer used to teach kindergarten and 1st grade in a couple different school districts so we feel fully confident and grateful that Easton will have her to gear him up for kindergarten next year. Randomly she is also the daughter-in-law of one of my dads good friends and she is also expecting her 3rd boy this fall! Small world.
 |
| Growing up too dang fast! |
 |
| Little bro had to put on his "pack pack" too |
 |
| some of Miss Marys crew |
 |
| The all important back pack photo |
 |
| Even more of the crew. 3 of them are in Elementary school. |
 |
| notice Benny turning around with them :) |
 |
He said he wanted Pink to be his fav color to match mine when we filled this out together :)
|
Not a whole lot has been happening at the Kalasek residence lately. I have been in full "nesting" mode. I have everything organized: bottles, baby bath items, Paxtons hospital bag, my hospital bag, and breastfeeding essentials. I am a planner/organizer by nature thankfully so I rarely feel unprepared....however when you are chasing two little ones around and have a rapidly growing baby inside of you it tends to wear you out. I have been trying to pick one thing to do a day after work before the boys get home so that I don't feel overwhelmed nor do I wear myself out. Today that checklist item was blog and start working on Eastons birthday party goodie bags. Yesterday I cleaned both our ovens and updated baby books.....this is the "nesting" situation I am talking about people~ LOL!
The last two weeks Benny has been a bit under the weather with an ear infection and icky virus. Luckily we are FINALLY over it and I can somewhat be in another room without him "needing" me. He is beyond a mamas boy so he better live it up these next couple of weeks bc his reign as the baby is about to end :) They are still sleeping great together in their bunk beds. Easton is really good about laying with Benny until he falls asleep or letting Ben sleep on the top bunk with him. Now don't get me wrong we still get the nightly "i wanted to give you another kiss"; "i heard something outside"; "i cant find my_____"; etc. a handful of times before they actually stay in the room for the night, but once they are tired enough to sit still they are both out! Its pretty much the cutest thing in the world waking them up in the morning when they are all snuggled up together <3
 |
| Hanging out at our dear friend Kim Sherwin's Luau....so fun! |
 |
| Fighting bad guys with cousin Baylor |
The fact that Easton turns 5 in two weeks blows my mind. I don't realize how much he has grown until I start looking back. He is still my right hand man, protector, and caring soul. His imagination is incredible and the way he cares about people and things is heartwarming. He is so inquisitive and feels like he needs to know the ins and outs to everything. He also knows just how to push Benny's buttons right. Ben is the opposite of quiet and subtle. If you get him riled up, scare him, or anger him in any way not only will you know it but so will the entire neighborhood. Easton loves to get him all worked up and watch the LOUD reaction unfold. He is the typical big brother. I am sure both Brian and I were the same way to our younger siblings, but man oh man there are days when I find it hard to keep my composure with them fighting. Now just as much as he enjoys ticking little Benny off he also enjoys playing with him and teaching him things. I love peeking in on them in the playroom to see them playing a game together or Easton teaching him how to do something. I swear kids can get you on an emotional roller coaster unlike anything else!
 |
| Cosco run....had to be Luigi for the entire day |
Easton continues to play T-Ball and LOVES it. He is really good! Brian is a great Coach's assistant (unofficially). He gets up there and helps Easton when the Coach is working with another kid. Easton is a perfectionist so he can get frustrated with himself, but the second he does something great he looks to me and Brian and gives us the biggest grin and thumbs up! I'm honestly going to be sad when this session of T-ball is over.
 |
| Killin' it at T-Ball |
 |
| brother snuggles |
 |
| date night with mama |
 |
| Go Fish with Papa French....best buddies! |
Today we took the boys for their flu shots (always a good time) and for Easton's 5 year check up. He now weights 41 lbs (54%) and is 42.8'' (50%). He grew a TON since his 4 year apt. which we knew just by how his clothes were fitting him. He has no choice but to be a long legged lil man with the genetics he was given. We decided to get them their flu shots since Paxton will be here in 4 weeks or less. This fun event just proves how different these two kids are. Luckily Brian came with me to help. Easton wanted to go first. Cried the entire time he had to lay down for the nurse, Brian restrained his arms, and he cried for a long time afterwards. Benny climbed on the table willingly, asked if I would hold his hand, cried for a couple seconds, and then asked me to take the band aid off his leg bc he didn't like it~ lol. Then as we walked out of the Dr. office Easton was limping like his leg no longer worked and Brian had to carry him, and Benny practically ran out to the car. :) Those are my crazy boys!
Fingers crossed at my 36wk apt nothing has started happening yet. My Dr. will check me for the first time. I have really tried to focus on rest, relaxation, and a lot less physical activity. I was this baby to stay in until October for sure, and hopefully until his Oct 13th due date. Say some prayers he listens better than his two older brothers did.
God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment