Friday, August 5, 2016

Summer Lovin' - 3rd Trimester

Its been awhile friends. I cant tell you how many random times I have sat down to blog and then was needed else where :) This summer has  brought with it intense heat and LOTS of events. Brian's cousin Tyler is getting married next weekend so we had a big pool party with his family so that Baylor (flower girl) and Easton (ring bearer) could get more comfortable with them before the main event. The day started off rainy, but luckily we heated the pool and by the time the sun came out it was time for people to show up and the water was perfect! 

Easton, Baylor, and Tyler (groom)

the crew

having ice cream treats fireside

 We also finally got the bunk bed delivered. My mom and I decided to take the boys to the Children's Museum for the morning while Brian put it together. I wasn't sure how that would go or what words we would hear coming from the bedroom so we decided better safe than sorry...wed leave him alone to get to it! The boys had a blast. Of course we had to face paint mustaches on them (Mario and Luigi) and let them run off some major energy. My mom has a grandparents pass and had been dying to use it so she tagged along and helped me wrangle the monkeys if/when needed. We had fun and are really loving their new exhibit (pirates and mermaids) this summer!
Turtle Easton

Pirate Mario :) 

lil Benny the star fish
 GOD BLESS BUNK BEDS! I am telling you what...if you have read any of these blogs since Ben has been born you know the child just doesn't sleep. The first night in the bunk bed and much to our shock and amazement he slept the entire night! First time he has done that since 6 months. We were kicking ourselves we didn't do this sooner. The plan was for Easton to be up top and Benny on the bottom (top is a single and bottom is a full size bed). Usually Easton likes to lay next to Ben until he falls asleep (bc he is the sweetest child EVER!) and then he climbs up to the top bunk to sleep. If Ben does wake up its bc he's looking for Easton and then Easton will come down and finish the night next to him. They are so darn cute! I didn't grow up having a sibling of the same gender and although my brother and I are extremely close there is just this special bond I love to witness that happens btw brother....I assume the same can be said for sisters.
little man in a big bed!

sleeping beauties...dont worry I have since added Bens name to the wall :) 

angels

good thing the bottom is a full size. 
 The boys are having a great summer. Keeping busy with family, enjoying the pool, and fun events. They are both growing like weeds. Every time I see them laying down I am so amazed at the length of their skinny little legs. Easton is obsessed with Mario and plays it daily on the Wii. I must admit that he has some of the old school Super Mario Bros games for the Wii and I find myself excited every time he asks me to play with him. A few times he's quit to play with something else and Brian has found me in the playroom on the couch playing "just till I pass this level" :) Easton continues to be my right hand man. He is such a great help (now that I am HUGE and just putting on shoes or bending down makes me groan). Don't get me wrong he is still a 4 year old trying to figure out his independence so there is back talking, fits, and stomping to his room to slam his door. Whenever someone tells me that I am lucky to have boys bc I get to skip drama I cant help but laugh....we've got plenty of drama at the Kalasek household I promise! Easton is a sponge and just wants to know the answers to everything....and then he remembers it verbatim so when we don't know something we have to tell him that. There is no making things up just to appease him, bc he will repeat it to someone. He starts T-ball this weekend so we will see how that goes. Its cant go worse than soccer :)

Benny continues to be our one man show. Easton is a LOT like Brian (and what I imagine Brian was like as a child). Benny on the other hand is like me in his outgoing-ness (once he comfortable) and enjoys being the center of attention as I did as a kid, but most of his personality is all his own. Im not sure genetics can take credit for this kid. He literally never stops talking. He asks a million questions and walks around narrating every move. "I can jump on here mom" "I go look out the window mom" "mom you going potty....pee pee or poop?" it can be exhausting lol. He LOVES my baby bunk and kissing it, rubbing it, and talking to it and about it. If he is jumping around and falls into me he always apologizes with a "sorry mommy, sorry Mommy's baby Paxton" - Side note the baby's name is Paxton Dean Kalasek. Dean is my maternal grandpas name and a very special person in both Brian and my life...and my kids lives for that matter as he is still luckily with us and making us laugh! Benny is all boy! The other night our new neighbors were over playing with the kids and he was building with blocks and held up something he made and said "mom Benny made a pee pee" and sure enough it was a long block with two smaller blocks on each side....only my Benny.

We took the kids to the zoo the other weekend and had a blast. It was actually a cool morning so we didn't get to enjoy their new giant splash park but it was less crowded than usual which is always a bonus. We fed the giraffes, saw the elephants, and did the normal route of monkeys, aquarium, cats, bears, etc.

measuring to see which monkey they are

Easton pretending to be a monkey while staring at the skeleton of one

riding the carousel. They promised they wouldn't crab or asked to be held on the way to the car if we let them ride this.....
we carried them both by the time we got to the parking lot...lol

lookin at fishes

touching starfish

brother bear
 For my birthday I didn't really want to do much of anything besides have a nice meal and movie with Brian. We celebrated as an entire family the actual day of my birthday (it was a Wed) by going to the outlets for me to pick out a new purse/diaper bag and have dinner. My amazing in-laws took the boys to the Offutt Air show that Saturday so Brian and I could get some dinner and see BAD MOMS. If you are a mom I highly suggest it. It will make you laugh, cry, and appreciate this important role we are blessed to have. It was great. The boys had a blast riding the bus to the show and seeing all the huge air crafts and even walking in some of them. They were wore out when they got home...and we were so very grateful!
two of the whitest boys you'll ever see in tropical shirts lol 

bus ride fun

hanging with Papa

and Grammie

checking out the aircraft
 So I mentioned above that we have new next-door neighbors. They are great! They have a 5 year old named Ethan Charles (weird right?) and a 2 year old (just turned 2) named Evan. They are from San Diego, CA. Ethan and Easton are BFF's. They are in btw our two houses 10's of times throughout a play session. Its really helped Easton become a bit more outgoing and its been fun for us to watch their friendship grow so quickly. Their parents are great too! When Evan wants to play their mom usually comes over too since he is so little so I have gotten to know her very well too. Easton is teaching him all about Mario and they love to run around with light sabers fighting bad guys. Ben is having a hard time being left out as we don't let him go next door alone when the boys are running in btw houses. He gets so excited when they are here and they are great with including him, but then as soon as they leave to go to Ethan's the waterworks happen. Its so sad watching Benny stand at the front door crying. I am looking forward for Pre-K to start for Easton, and kindergarten for Ethan so that the night play sessions will end a bit sooner and hopefully eliminate some of the tantrums that Benny has before bed. They are getting better as he is learning that even if they leave they come back fairly quickly. Our air conditioner is also looking forward to fall so that when the front door is being opened and shut a million times it doesn't have to work so hard lol.
watching Eastons I-pad together

playing Mario
August is here and already so so busy. Next week we have a family trip to Mahoney with Brians side. We rented their governors cabin (6 bedroom) and its his parents, Angie, Pat, and their girls, and us. So far the weather looks promising for all their fun activities. We are there Tuesday-Friday. Saturday is the wedding that Baylor and Easton are in (as well as Eastons T-ball beforehand), and then Sunday Brian and I fly out to Napa for one of his work incentive trips he throws mid-year. Wine country 8 months pregnant is not ideal but I am looking forward to the amazing hotel/spa, and being able to relax for 4 days. So basically there definitely won't be a blog in the next two weeks for sure but I will try to write shortly after and have pictures of all our August adventures :) Enjoy the rest of summer friends! Its fading fast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment