Monday, July 11, 2016

God Bless America- July 4th, 2016

Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe 4th of July.....The weather sure put a damper on our pool plans, but we didn't let that stop us from a LOT of family fun! We were so excited and lucky that my brothers family decided to come and spend the holiday weekend with us! I know I say this all the time but anytime we get more than 1 day to spend with them feels like such a gift! Its pure joy watching Easton and Benjamin play with sweet Grayson. Now that they are all mobile and older there was a lot of running around and squealing.....complete music to my ears! Im pretty sure Grayson thinks we are a family of nut cases, but that didn't stop him from enjoying some playtime with his cousins. Thomas and Halley just bought a new beautiful home so they had some furniture shopping to do while in town. The entire French clan met at NFM (we wanted to look at bunk beds for our boys too). It was an experience to say the least. We pretty much dropped the 3 boys with my parents and ran for the hills! :) That night we all went to my parents house for a pizza party and to just relax. The weather was so crappy that it was nice to lounge around in comfy clothes and just catch up! 

some 4th of July goodies for Mary Pats
amazing cookies I had made for Tom and Halley to celebrate their new home. (sugarchicdesigns.com) local business and amazing! 

rain rain go away

Pizza with Grayson


wrestling Uncle Tom


Sunday was no better. The guys got out for golf at least, and the rest of us just hung out at our house in the morning. Easton even got Uncle Thomas to play a little Mario Brothers with him :) Easton ADORES his uncle Tom. I have never seen him idolize someone so much. He couldn't stop wrestling with him or trying to sit next to him the entire weekend. I love that so much! Sunday night my dad got the smoker going and we celebrated his birthday with the entire family. My Aunt Jill and Uncle Jack came over too. The boys ran around like little monkeys and the adults watched and chatted. We of course spent a lot of time doing fireworks as well. Fireworks have always been a HUGE thing with the Morgan side of the family so my mom of course had a giant supply waiting for us to blow up! Brian took the lead and orchestrated the show for us.  Easton found an obsession with parachutes so we made many (3 or 4) separate trips to the firework tents to get more parachutes. He would race Uncle Tom to see who could catch them.....The first time he caught one he ran over to me and gave me the biggest hug! He was so proud of himself :) Benny loves his snaps and although he likes the big fireworks he wants to be near me bc the loud noises scare him a tad. 

Halley and I were able to swap pregnancy stories and talk about all the joys, anxieties, and excitement that comes with being pregnant..again! She is such a fantastic mom and I cant wait to see her with another lil angel. I wish I was half as cool and calm as she has seemed through parenthood. I feel like the first year with Easton I was a basket case most of the time. We laughed at how this Christmas my mom will have not 3 grand babies, but 5! Add those 5 into the mix of the other French littles and her house is going to be a zoo.....she couldn't be more excited about it though! 
funny faces

French Cousins.....so precious

2 youngest cousins baking away :) Due Oct 13 and Oct 31!

monkeys


ice-cream cake night cap :)



Monday we hung out at my parents to visit and send the crew back to KC. Monday evening we did a BBQ with Brian's family. The kids lit off more fireworks (yes more parachutes) and got a family game of kickball going. We attempted to wear all the little ones out so we could get a good nights rest before heading back to work Tuesday. Its always a challenge going back to work after a long weekend. Of course the second the work week started the sun came out and the weather was gorgeous (and perfect for swimming!) 

Kalasek Cousins with Grammie and Papa K

me and my Boys 


family kickball

swimming wears a boy out! 

late night brother cuddles

lounging boys

We got new neighbors next-door finally and are so excited about it. They are from San Diego, CA and have two little boys (5yrs and 2yrs).  The 5 year old is named Ethan Charles (crazy!) and he comes over numerous times a day to see if Easton can come play. He's a doll and so outgoing. This is such a good thing for Easton bc he is a total homebody and very shy. He has now gone outside to play and over to Ethan's house a couple times and refers to him as "my friend" :) Their parents are super cool and I see Brian and I becoming very good friends with them. Growing up my neighbors were my best friends (one still is) and my best memories are running the neighborhood with my pack of pals. Its so fun to watch that start for my own kids and pray they make wonderful memories just like I did. 

Other than that nothing too crazy or exciting going on. July is speeding by like most summer months do. Baby #3 is cooking away and still on target for Oct 13th. I passed my glucose test so I can continue to indulge my sweet tooth :) and we are starting to work on moving Benny into Easton's room (once the bunk beds arrive) and fingers crossed this helps him sleep through the night....or at least stay in their room all night. XOXOXOX





















No comments:

Post a Comment