Well I don't even know where I should begin. Its been awhile friends. Life has been so crazy and hectic that there has been little to no opportunity for me to sit down and upload pictures and blog. August basically came and went in a blink for us (as I am sure it did for you all too). We had a lot of events and a lot of crazy changes happening. Its all been one giant blessing, but no change comes without some form of chaos and a small helping of stress. All in all August was good to the Kalasek family, but we are sure glad that September is here and we feel a bit more settled with everything.
My dad had one of his last BBQ contest and we were all finally able to make it to the Friday party before the contest and even had weather nice enough that we could wear our Big Stacks T-shirts to support him! The boys absolutely love going to "Papas BBQ" and his team spoils them like mad!
 |
| Sporting our T-shirts |
 |
| Cheeeeese.....now can I have a cookie? |
Benny got a buzz finally. Brian has been dying to do this for some time. I had a bit of struggle letting go of his crazy Benny hair, but when dad is in charge of getting them hair cuts I should be prepared for the buzz.....and its cheaper which is a no brain-er in Brian's mind ($18 dollars to cut a 18months old hair...that's insane"- Brian) He sure does look cute but man it makes him look so much older in my eyes....I know I know he is a boy now and not a baby. Love his little naughty face to pieces.
Ben is so much fun these days. He is talking up a storm and will repeat almost anything. Now is the time to start watching our words bc he WILL say them back to us. Although since he is #2 we are more careful anyways as we learned with some of Eastons random outbursts of "naughty words" he definitely heard from us (more likely me than Brian lol). He is learning Old McDonald at daycare and loves to sing the E-I-E-O part over and over....it sounds more like E-I-E-I-OOOOOOOOOOOO. He loves to give hugs, kisses, and wave bye bye while says BYE BYYYYYYYYE. He is definitely our louder child. Ben can be heard from anywhere in the house, although we try not to let him out of sight bc he is also our climber and adventurous child! Just like Easton the boy loves to move so all you have to say is "dance Benny dance" and he starts going like crazy. We have started implementing discipline more seriously with him. He is not a fan! :) He huffs, puffs, stomps around, and gives one heck of an evil eye after being told no. Easton has found it very fun to take toys from him which of course gets quite a reaction from Ben (Which Easton LOVES). The fun of "he has MY toy" or "he's trying to play with my stuff" has now begun. At the same time Easton is very much into teaching Ben how to do things and loves to sit down with him and "read" him stories or show him how to put together Lego's or other toys. Its seriously such a joy to watch.
Ben had his 18 month appointment last week. He is still our peanut but going up in the growth charts beautifully and developmentally he is on point.
Weight: 21 pounds 9oz (11%) Height: 32.5'' (54%) Head: 71% very similar to Eastons stats. Tall and thin, or as the dr says heart healthy boys :)
My dear friend Kati had her lil one as well in August. Charli Layne Parsons. She is perfection!
For Brian's work he set up an incentive trip for some of his brokers. It was in Las Vegas. We literally closed on our new house Wed. late afternoon and then headed to Vegas that weekend. Not ideal in timing but it was a nice fun get away just the two of us before the moving madness began. It also allowed us to have the main floor and hallways of the new house re-painted before any furniture was moved. The boys stayed with Brian's parents. They had a blast and we didn't come home in the poor house so it was a win-win weekend :)
 |
| Grammy showed E which mailbox will be ours. |
 |
| Testing our their new chaise lounges poolside |
 |
| Last selfie with Benny at the old house |
 |
| Eastons last pic on the staircase at the old house (I still miss those stairs lol) |
 |
| Best babysitter ever. Mary Pat gave us a housewarming gift to help break in the new pool |
 |
| 18 month Dr appointment....climbing everything while waiting for Dr Gary to come in |
Moving was a success, but an exhausting one. Brian and I came home from Vegas Monday and spent that day cleaning the new house and boxing up the rest of our stuff at the old house. We manually moved some of the smaller or more fragile items ourselves that day as well. Thankfully the new house is 5 minutes from our old house so back and forth trips were easy to do. Tuesday the movers came. I stayed at the new house and started in on the boys rooms and our master closet. I always feel more settled when clothes are hung up and everything is organized. Thankfully both Brian and I are Type A in that sense so things didn't stay in their boxes very long. Brian helped the movers decide where things went and we were off. We used the best moving company. They are firefighters who on the side have a moving company. They were fast, efficient, and super nice! I would highly suggest them to anyone looking to move. NFM came with the few new items we bought for the new house Tuesday as well. Wed. was spent organizing the main floor and kitchen. Going from one kitchen to a new one isn't as easy as it sounds. All cabinets are different sizes and set up differently, the pantry was set up differently, the fridge had different shelves and doors etc. I am a person who likes order and organization so it took me most of Wed to figure out where I wanted all our things (and lots of money at home stores buying new organizational items for the pantry and drawers). When it was all said and done it made sense and I could sleep easy that night. Both Wed and Thursday were also spent buying rugs and other decor type items we waited on getting until we were in the house and a bit more settled. We got pictures up, organized the storage room in the basement, cleaned, and finally felt good about the progress we had made in less than a week. Thank goodness we are both the kind of people who want to feel settled asap. We are also awesome at shopping together bc we have similar taste and we don't waste time contemplating things. If we like it we get it and its done. If we don't we move on. By the end of the week we were sore, exhausted, brain dead, but utterly happy to be in our new home and excited to share it with friends and family.
As timing worked out my brother, sister in law, and nephew Grayson were coming in town for a short visit so they were able to stop over an see the new digs. That evening while they had a wedding we spent time with Grayson at my parents. He is such a doll baby. He is growing so fast and since we don't get to see him very often he always looks so much older each time. He is seriously the most beautiful child ever and my boys ADORE him something terrible. The three of them had so much fun playing and running/crawling around my parents house. Everyone slept great that night (and even slept in the next day! SUCCESS!!!) Still not sure Grayson knows what he is in for with this French family. He spent the first part of the evening just watching my crazy monkeys go nuts at Nana and Papas....but by the end he was right in there with them <3
 |
| seriously!!! Look at that face! |
 |
| Ben was obsessed with hugging him lol. |
 |
| Me and the Kalasek/French boys!!!! |
Well we are officially moved in the house. It was a process and continues to be one but for the most part we are settled. I won't bore you with all the fun details of shopping excursions (seriously went to everyplace possible to find trash cans that fit perfectly in their built in drawers in the kitchen....they took their bins which were custom made to fit); a dishwasher that started leaking on day 3 (thank goodness for a built in warranty plan...it was fixed and running the same day we called on it); and getting people to show up when they said they would (cable company and pool guy).....overall it was a smooth and easy transition. The boys couldn't have cared less about leaving the old house, and the new neighbors have all been super friendly. We have had people come over daily to introduce themselves and there are children of all age ranges surrounding us. This move was beyond the right move for us regardless of not even looking to move. Thing definitely happen when they are supposed to! We have already broken in the pool and over this coming long weekend we plan to do a lot more swimming and hopefully have some more friends and family joining in the fun!


 |
| i will be spending a lot of time at the fire pit |
 |
helping lil bro put back on his shoes after a walk to the park
|
Possibly the craziest thing that happened this past week is our little Easton started Pre-School. We always joked when he was a baby/toddler how fast time went and how before we knew it he would be wearing a backpack and heading to school.....blink your eyes....and now that's our reality. I wasn't sad or choked up about it. Maybe when he starts kindergarten? I was more proud of the little man he has become and so excited for him as he starts this new adventure. He is going to the Gingerbread House. All of my dearest friends from childhood went there (I moved to Omaha well past pre-school age). MaryPat's kids all go there so we were able to sign up early and get him in a class that correlated with all her kids, yet made sure he is in a class by himself so he can't depend on the friends he already spends all day with. He is a pretty shy kid until he warms up so this will be so good for him. We took him to his open house this week to meet his teachers and hear all about their curriculum and see where he will be spending a few hours every Monday and Tuesday. He was so excited but was disappointed that it was me and Brian taking him and not Mary Pat (crushed Mommy's heart j/k). he has spent the last 4 years at Marys riding along while she drops off kids there and he is so excited that now he will be one of the dudes getting out of the van.
 |
| started off our first school day right...donut with sprinkles |
 |
| love all his answers. |
 |
| so grown up |
 |
| Me and my main man! |
 |
| mom the suns in my eyes....is this really necessary? |
 |
| thumbs up! |
 |
| Classroom #8 |
 |
Listening to his teacher with his classmates
|
So I won't bore you with loads and loads of photos of the new casa. I will spread the pictures out as we update things in future blogs. For now here is the main floor. Like I said we had the walls re-painted and that made such a huge difference! I am still waiting to hear back from the original builder on the trim color and cabinet stain as there are places I would love to touch up. The family before us had 5 kids (and one on the way!!!! YIKES) so naturally there are nicks here and there on some of the woodwork. Like I said we love all the new space this house provides us and are just glad to be moved in!!!! Next up ~ Sell our other house!
 |
| living room |
 |
| office |
 |
| entry |
 |
| will someday be a formal dinning room |
 |
| wine/coffee nook. Those are the stairs to the basement on the left |
 |
| kitchen |
 |
| already loving my double oven situation |
 |
| view of the pool from the kitchen |
 |
| upstairs deck |
 |
| downstairs laundry room |
 |
| Mud room locker area |
 |
| half bath downstairs |
Thanks for being patient friends...I know its been awhile. I promise to not go an entire month again (or at least really try not to). We have more family and fun ahead for this weekend so I am sure I will have more stories and pictures to share after that! Hope all is well in your worlds and everyone is excited as I am for Husker Football to start up this weekend!!!!!!! GO BIG RED! God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment