Thursday, May 28, 2015

Family Fun and Fifteen Months

I can not believe my baby Benny is 15 months old. Seriously where has the time gone? Maybe its the lack of sleep during the first 12 months of his life, or the fact that I have a 3 year old I am also trying to wrangle 24/7....but I swear its like I blinked and he is a little boy now....no more baby (sigh).


 Bennys 15 month stats: Height 30.25" (17%); Weight 19lb 14oz (11%); and Head is 74%. He is our little peanut but his growth is right on for how small he started out. The child eats everything and anything so we know he is well fed. Maybe its the constant movement that burns all his calories up! He is still refusing to walk unassisted. He has taken steps, will walk around the house with a walker toy or his brothers large dump truck, or he will walk around holding our hands but the second you get him up by himself he will take one or two steps and go immediately to all fours and crawl away. One of these days he is going to get the confidence and just take off..... then we are in REAL trouble! He's ornery enough without adding walking/running to the mix!
I cross my heart......love love love him

naughty lil face
 Last week we took a little 3 day trip to KC. Brian had to go for work anyway and we decided that it would be the perfect opportunity to hang at a hotel where Easton could swim and most importantly spend time with Aunt Halley, Uncle Thomas, and baby cousin Grayson. We could wait to see them all as it had been since Ben's 1st birthday that we had spent any face time with them. Since Brian had work dinners I was a bit stranded at the hotel in the evenings and graciously Halley brought Grayson to us. We got all the boys in the water together which was a blast. Grayson seems to really enjoy it, Ben took some time getting comfortable (by day 2 he was all about it), and Easton is a true fish. You put on his floaty device and he is off!
this literally took me 10 shots to get them both sort of smiling and sitting still

This was the 2nd best one lol

Showing off his muscles to his brother

the one and only Grayson...can this face be any sweeter? 

Ben so happy to see another little person :)  

.....and then he starts petting him :) Grayson was a great sport
 At the beginning of our trip Brian took a tour of where my brother works. While Brian was learning about how bacon is made (they slaughter pigs where he works) me and the boys hung out at a nearby mall....when I saw mall it was more like a building with a handful of stores and luckily a children's area.
Easton not excited that Ben wanted to join him in the helicopter

Ill drive Easton....hang on!


Cutie Cousins
 The second night Halley once again met us at the hotels happy hour with Grayson. Tom couldn't make it this night, but I was so very grateful for Halley for making the trip. Its so nice to get a chance to catch up and just let the boys get reacquainted with each other. I feel so lucky that not only is my sister in law a wonderful mother and person, but I honestly consider her one of my closest friends. Now that we both have little guys we have even more to bond over and share. For example while at the happy hour Grayson decided to have a nice little blow out for Halley to attend to mid-cocktail....meanwhile Ben took the opportunity to climb out of his highchair onto the table while I had my back turned to help Easton with something......Oh the joys of motherhood :)
waiting for food....this is pre-Grayson's blow out lol

Hey cuz....

sweet little faces
 On our way home we stopped off at Crown Center so Easton could eat at his favorite place, Fritz's! Its a railroad theme and a train brings you your food. Benny loved it to. Mom and dad enjoyed the homemade chocolate shakes :)

watching the trains

the best pic I could get of him in his hat

Choo Choo
 Memorial Weekend we took the kids to a Storm Chasers Baseball game with my parents. We wanted to do this mothers day weekend but we got rained out. The boys did SOOOO good. We were expecting the worst to be honest. I did not think that Ben would sit on our laps for the entire time and figured we would have to take him out to the grassy area (which was wet from rain earlier in the day) so that he could move around. Once again our boys surprised us. Ben sat on someones lap the entire time. He just watched everything and ate (of course). It was Super Hero night so Easton was thrilled that Batman was there. We had to leave our seats a few times to go find Batman. However once we found him he refused to talk to him or get a picture. He just wanted to gawk at him from afar LOL. At the end of the game were fireworks. By the top of the 4th inning Easton kept asking "is it fireworks yet mom?" and this went on every 10 minutes for the rest of the game. I was rooting for quick outs each inning no matter who was playing at this point lol. Benny fell asleep on my mom about 20 min before the fireworks and slept through the entire loud show. Easton was SO excited to see them all and loved every second of it. It was a late night but a great one!
Benny and my beautiful mom

watching the show

Ben didn't quite make it
 We finished out Memorial Weekend with a bowling outing. Sempek's Bowling Alley out in Elkhorn has a summer program where kids bowl free all summer long. If you have kids that like bowling go on-line and check it out. Easton LOVES it and Brian and I just pass Ben back and forth depending on which of us is up to bowl.

LOVING IT! 

Not going to lie Im pretty good at bowling....Easton caught up to us by the end though.
Hope everyone had a lovely Memorial Weekend and lets keep our fingers crossed for more sunshine than rain....I'm tired of the cloudy skies! XOXOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment