Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Oh BOYS!


 Not a whole lot of news to share....Life at the Kalasek's is busy, fun, and relatively uneventful (which is a good thing). Brian has been traveling a TON so there has been a lot of time for me to play both mom and dad to these two crazies.....let me just say its a LOT OF WORK! They say it takes a village and Im just lucky that our lil Omaha village consists of both sets of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and some fantastic friends. I had the varicose veins in my right leg removed and unfortunately it overlapped when Brian was out of town. Its an quick procedure but they do but me "out" for it so thank goodness I had my mom there to be my chauffeur and my parents could come over and bring dinner a few nights as well in Brians absence. Easton loves to brag to all his daycare buddies that "my daddy is on an airplane" and Brian counts down the minutes until he lands so he can pick them up and squeeze them tight. It might sound like he is gone for weeks at a time...reality its more like 1 or 2 nights tops and never weekends (with one exception recently...hence the pizza party thrown by Papa and Nana French). We are just so accustomed to our little 4-some that even 1 or 2 days/nights seems like forever for us to be apart. (cue the gagging I know!). Easton is less than thrilled with my night time rituals. Brian usually does bath time, bedtime books, and wrestling matches. I cant quite throw him over my head and let him "fly to bed" and I don't laugh as hard when we hug so hard "we squeeze poopie" out of each other LOL. Its a boy/dad thing and some nights I just am not cutting it as the stand in.
I asked Easton to take a pic with Ben so I could send it to Brian while he was in KY last week...this is what I got
 I have also found that my 3 year old is my favorite person in the world and the stories he provides me with are unending. Benjamin is still not the worlds best sleeper but his smiles and snuggles make up for it in leaps and bounds. Just this last week Brian dropped them off at MaryPat's and called me and hour later "what do you think the boys are doing right now...I miss them" LOL As parents we are so conflicted. You are always go-go-go that you look forward to a break...whether that be a trip ALONE to the grocery store, going to work, or a much needed date night....yet the second you leave their faces they consume your thoughts and you ache for them. For example the other morning Easton had a colossal meltdown bc he needed a lion vitamin. Well we were at the bottom of the container so only elephants and rhinos were left....You literally would've thought I just told him Mickey Mouse had passed away....he hid under the kitchen table sobbing. I was ready to hand him an academy award right then and there for best dramatic performance EVER! Two seconds later I asked him if he could put his own shoes on so we could go to Marys since she was taking them to the zoo....tears gone, shoes on, and we went on our merry way like nothing ever happened...I couldn't wait to drop him off and then smiled thinking about him the rest of the drive to work.

Last week I got to spend time with two of my besties and their babes. Its so fun seeing Benjamin and Evan (Kristi Stollers lil man) play together. Ben is almost 8 months and Evan is almost 5 months so they are extremely close in age. Kristi and I grew up next door and have been friends for over 20 years. Our parents still live next door to each other so they will be buddies for life. I was also able to visit and have a glass (or 2) of wine with Kim Sherwin. Her son Scotty is 7 weeks old and precious. He is tiny and had a full head of hair. Its so fun to watch my best friends be first time mommys and talk about all the trials, tribulations, joys, and hardships of mommy hood. Its nice to have a safe place to vent, laugh, and share!
Benny and Evan

Me and sweet Scotty
We also got Benjamin baptized this past Sunday. He did great and both boys were extremely well behaved and sat still (mostly) for an hour service. I was semi-dreading it not knowing which one would decide they had had enough, but they both did fabulous. I will say that I should start writing an apology letter to Ben now. I still hear gripes from my brother about how the 2nd child gets slighted on things and of course I always come back with how hes the baby so he gets favored more etc etc. I dont like comparing children bc they are two totally individual children and so very different. Our parenting is obviously different due to this, and milestone moments with the first are always a bigger deal. Easton was baptized before I even went back to work. Ben is now almost 8 months and we are finally getting around to it. With Easton there were cards, gifts, and pictures galore..with Ben there were a couple cards and a few pictures. I know life is busier once the family grows and the kids dont care at all. As a mom you have to learn to let go of guilt and always feeling like things need to be even or the same....bc I am realizing that's just not reality. Also social media is pretty much the meanest highschool girl ever. I mean btw pinterest and just the things you see and read you will never feel like you measure up or are doing enough. This is a lesson I need to tell myself every day when I wake up and every night when I go to sleep. The are loved and safe and that's whats important. They are happy and healthy and that's whats important. They are both my baby boys and even though Brian disagrees I hope they are always mamas boys and want to hang out with me forever (I'm sure that will change once the teenage years come but for now I want to live in fantasy world).

so fancy!



Love my boys!
I am having just as much fun with the parenting failures as with the parenting success stories. For example. During one car ride this past weekend Easton out of nowhere recited to us the days of the week in  order....We were shocked he knew them so well! A car ride very soon after that there was a motorcyclist that cut in front of us going fast,furious and pretty much trying to get themselves killed. Brian yelled "what a douche bag" Easton replies "whatd you say" So instead of being the mature responsible parent I respond "he said that guy is a douche bag" (it just flew out I didn't even think about it until after it was already out of my mouth) Easton replies with "whats a juice bag" Precious baby boy he is! Brian and I just laughed and both said "yea a juice bag..that's what we said" We both agreed that wasn't out best parenting moment, but it is in those moments we laugh the hardest! Hope everyone is having a fun fall and GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment