Lots to catch up on but I will let the pictures do most of the talking as that is more fun to look at than reading my jibber jabber. Easton and Baylor had their last swim class 2 weeks go. They both have truly improved and are so much more comfortable going underwater, floating on their backs, and doing things on their own without clinging to their daddys necks :) Good thing the class ended about the time that Champions Pool opened up and MaryPat got her pool ready for the summer....Easton is a fishie and wants to swim everyday!
 |
| back floating |
 |
| practicing our balance |
 |
| Diving under water to get toys |
 |
| One last jump!!! |
I am back to work officially now. The transition into a new routine wasn't as terrible as I anticipated. The good thing is that both Brian and I have very flexible schedules so being a few minutes late is not a big deal for either of us! Ben is now sleeping in his crib but still not sleeping through the night so now we just rotate who gets up for the 3am feeding (Brian and I take turns every other night). He usually eats again around 6 which is when we are up and getting ready to leave the house anyways so whoever isn't in the shower usually does that. Easton is so independent now that he can pretty much get himself out of bed, helps us dress him, and put on his shoes and he is ready to hit the road and go play at Marys. Brian still mainly does the drop off and I do the pick up. I have to say by 2pm I am itching to get out of the office and pick up my monkeys but having a routine where I am busy and dealing with adults (mostly LOL) is nice. Really makes me saver and value the time I have at home in the evenings. I still have my fridays off so although those days can be crazy I love having a 3 day weekend to play with the kiddos. Thursdays I still work at home so I can get things done around the house off and on as well which is super helpful as time is even more precious now with two lil ones needing me 24/7. Easton LOVES having his brother at daycare with him. He helps Mary take care of him and even pushed aside one of the other little boys who was trying to help give Ben his binky "Thats my brother" is constantly being said. Easton is very protective! Ben comes home exhausted from all the stimulation and I really feel like his routine is more consistent now which is great for us!
Brian took all last week off to "hang" and bond with Ben. So that Friday we took the boys to our incredible zoo. Easton LOVED every second of it. Easton is our lil cautious boy. He wanted to look at everything but only if he could also be holding onto you or holding your hand. I dont mind the extra snuggles and hand holding obviously but we had to reassure him numerous times that the animals can not come through the glass. His favorites were the fishies, giraffes, and monkeys. He liked the lions but they were mostly sleeping so we grew tired of them quickly.
 |
| Huge crabs at the aquarium |
 |
| Showing daddy the sharks |
 |
| and turtles |
 |
| My attempt at a pic with my lil man |
 |
| Ben's bored LOL |
For memorial weekend we just hung out as a family and spent a lot of time working in the yard and hanging out with our parents. We drove to Plattsmouth one day to Brian could show me his grandparents old house and where he spent a large part of his childhood. We visited his grandfathers grave (Benjamin's middle name Leonard is after his grandfather). We had a BBQ over at Brian's parents new house and spent a day at the pool with my mom, followed by both my parents bringing over ice cream and hanging out with the boys. We are so lucky to have family so close and so involved in our children's lives.
 |
| Easton riding the penny horse that Brian rode as a kid |
 |
| Best buds and cousins |
 |
| Eastons favorite meal~ Ice cream |
 |
| Pool time! |
 |
| Nana and Easton |
Ben is officially 3 months old now! Can not believe it. In a few short weeks he will be 4 months old!!!! Hes sleeping in his crib (although not through the night yet) and is just like his brother in the aspect that he doesn't want to be swaddled and he loves to move his limbs around like crazy. He is a binkie kid which Easton wasn't. It sure does help calm him down when he gets fussy. The wonderful news is that his gassy issues and tummy problems seem to be behind us. I have reintroduced everything back into my diet (although I make sure not to overdue it on the dairy or soy) and hes doing great! Sometimes we need to slip a lil mirolax into the bottle to help push things along but he no longer screams after feedings and he has NO PROBLEM letting the gas out! I swear with 3 boys at home I never know who is stinking up the room anymore.
Ben is smiling constantly, is so strong and sitting in his bumbo already, hes cooing and talking to us all the time, and giggling a lot more. Its sure nice to have him happy more than fussy now days. Easton loves playing with him on his playmat although he tends to forget how little his brother is and how big he seems compared to Ben. Every once in awhile Ben gets a kick or bump from a toy. As Brian reminds me Ben has a lifetime of being hit by things of Easton's and vice versa once Ben is mobile. Hes doing great at daycare and all the kids are so sweet with him. He comes home exhausted! I know I say this all the time but we sure hit the jack pot when we found Mary and our boys have no idea how blessed they are to have her taking care of them.
 |
| This is a hug mom i swear...id never put Ben in a choke hold |
 |
| Cant get enough of this face |
 |
| Being silly together |
 |
| after daycare ~ |
 |
| also after daycare! GOOD NIGHT! |
No comments:
Post a Comment