 |
| My loves!!!! |
We went to KC last week and had the best time. I will say we were a bit nervous about a 2.5yr old and a 2 month old in a car for 3+ hours but they highly impressed us. Easton didn't stop talking and asking questions and pointing out colors, trucks, trains, school buses, etc for the entire first hour and then they both slept the rest of the way. Our first stop was Great Wolf Lodge in KC. It was fantastic. The rooms are decent and there is so much to do. If Easton would've been older we definitely would've stayed longer than one night but an arcade or putt putt course doesn't really interest him yet. He loved the pool and had a great time. They had a separate area for kids his age and then Brian and I took turns taking him around the bigger kid areas. He is definitely our little fish! That night we went over to the Legends Outlet mall (its right across the road from Great Wolf) and we walked around there and then went to T-Rex cafe for dinner. Easton has a very strong love for dinosaurs but this was a little too lifelike for him :) We opened the door and a huge T-rex is right there with a mechanical head that comes right at you. From that moment on I don't think he stopped holding onto Brian's neck. They very nicely sat us next to their large aquarium and then Brian walked him around to see all the other dinosaur displays. It all moved and made noises (pretty sure its run by the same company a the Rainforest cafe's are). He got more comfortable with it and eventually sat down and let Brian have blood flow back in his neck and shoulders :)
 |
| Hangin in the hotel room |
 |
| Ready to play |
 |
| Ben just chillin |
 |
| Easton doing the slide |
 |
| Our lil fishie |
 |
| Checking out the front of T-Rex Cafe...he thinks its cool now..... |
 |
| Now hes not so sure he thinks its cool LOL |
 |
| Brian and E checking out the top floor of the cafe |
 |
| Easton loving it as long as he can have a death grip on daddy |
 |
| octopus aquarium |
Friday we went over to Crown Center. We shopped a little and then had lunch at Fritz's. Easton is obsessed with trains so this place was heaven for him. A train actually delivers your food to you. He had SO MUCH FUN! and we had a blast just watching the joy and amazement on his face.
http://www.fritzskc.com/at the bottom of their web page you can watch a Youtube video that shows you how great this place is (if you have kids into trains). After lunch Easton was getting a bit crabby and ready for a nap and Ben was becoming quite crabby himself. Brian called our hotel (Intercontinental on the plaza) and they very nicely upgraded us to a Jr Suite so we could check in earlier and it gave Easton an extra room to run around in. Easton and I took a nap and Brian and Ben went for a walk. Of course a KC trip doesn't count until you hit up shopping on the Plaza. After nap time we walked around and shopped a bit (okay i shopped a lot....the boys walked around). Easton didn't want to ride in the stroller at all and he walked everywhere the entire weekend. We met Tom and Halley at a very cool and trendy restaurant on the plaza. The food was great and it was so wonderful to catch up with them. They are doing great and Halley is the most beautiful pregnant woman ever. Easton had a great time chatting with them and of course sharing his ice cream with us all!
 |
| playing at the Crayola store in Crown Center |
 |
| hard to see but tried to get a train in action |
 |
| having a BLAST |
 |
| Hes too cool for us...even with his sunglasses on upside down |
 |
| Telling Tom and Halley about Life |
 |
| ICE CREAM |
 |
| Walking around the plaza |
Saturday we met Tom and Halley again at Beer Kitchen a very unique and awesome place down in Westport. I highly recommend it. Ive only had brunch there twice but the rest of their menu looks delish as well. Then we loaded up the car and headed home. The way home went pretty smoothly. During the last hour everyone was just ready to be home and we had a few minor melt downs but nothing horrific.
Sunday was mothers day and as per usual I was more than spoiled by my boys. On top of the lil shopping spree they gave me in KC I was treated to a massage Sunday afternoon and Brian did the night feedings with Ben both Saturday night and again last night. I'm not sure that I deserve him but I'm so happy that he's mine :) We stopped and saw both Nana and Papa French and Grammie and Papa Kalasek and gave them their gifts from the boys. Its so wonderful having all this family close by so involved with our children on a weekly basis. We truly are one blessed family.
 |
| gifts I made for both grandmas |

Easton and Ben are doing great. Ben has started giggling, cooing, and smiling daily now which is nice for mom :) And Easton continues to be a ball of endless energy,curiously, and pure joy. He scares us with how much he absorbs and how smart he is. All weekend he would point out numbers he saw on signs or store fronts. I didn't even know he could recognize numbers....He is still so attentive and sweet to Ben. He sings to him if he is crying and is always helpful in bringing us diapers, wipes, and burp rags. Now there are definitely moments when he is tired of Ben getting all the attention so he'll steal one of his binkies or pretend to get an "owie" but that's normal and he gets over those episodes pretty fast. This is my last full week home and I have very mixed feelings. As with Easton, it seems that the 3 month marker is where you finally feel like you have things semi-together and Ben is starting to be less fussy and sleep better at night. I am however ready to get back into a routine, around adults more, and bc we love MaryPat so much I am so excited for Ben to get all the benefits that Easton does by spending 4 days a week in her presence. I think I'm less anxious about returning to work this time due to the fact that I know how incredible she is and how lucky my kids are to have her in their lives on a weekly basis. Regardless, I'm glad next week I go back for a day, work from home for a day, and then have a 3 day weekend due to Memorial Day. Its a nice way to transition into what will be our new routine. Wish us luck XOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment