Sunday, April 21, 2013

Almost 19 months...On the go NON STOP!


 Our baby boy is definitely not a baby anymore! We had his 18 months check up awhile back and here are his stats: Height 32.5" (46%); Weight 23lb 2.5oz (34%..still a peanut); head 49.3 cm (still rocking it in the 90%). Only one shot this check up so that was nice for E and for mommy! He chatted away with Dr. Gary and she couldn't believe the amount of words he says and the sheer amount of talking he does in general. Our child doesn't stop chatting! I see a lot of "talks to much in class" comments on future report cards! :) I could listen to his "stories" all day long. Sometimes I can even understand them LOL! His new favorite words/phrases are: "Go Go doggy" (when Yukon is trying to take food from him); "Hey Guys"; "See ya"; and "uh oh speghettios....however the speghettios sounds more like spasetttttyO"

 He is 100% all boy. Some of his favorite things to do are climb anything and everything; wrestle with dad; dance; getting chased; bubbles; throwing and kicking balls around the house. He loves to be sneaky and naughty as well. He can give you this look where you know he is contemplating doing something "naughty" He can also be dramatic in the blink of an eye. (I know hard to imagine a child of mine being naughty or dramatic....must get it from Brian ;) He is still a great sleeper and eater. There are very few things that he will not eat. Macaroni and cheese being one of them? Hopefully this is just a phase bc I do enjoy me some mac n cheese on occasion! He is starting to want to feed himself so we are letting him use utensils at times. He does pretty good but is still not dominate on which hand he holds things in? he's better with his right hand, but he uses his left hand a lot too. He loves imitating and repeating so we really are having to pay attention to the words we use. I caught him saying "poop" the other day right after a nasty diaper change. Good thing I used the poop word and not the s--- word. He's a great helper with laundry...LOVES putting laundry in the dryer, and on Saturday mornings when we clean the house he pretends to vacuum along with daddy! Lets hope his love of cleanliness carries over into the teenage years!
Naughty Face

Mickey Mouse pizza we made one day together

Feeding himself oatmeal

Using his golf bag as a vacuum

My little helper


Since its been icky outside we played T-ball inside...

The bat is about the size of Easton

Good thing mom didn't let dad get rid of this 1980's Casio keyboard....

My little composer



Visiting daddy at work

Let me tell you a little bit about group insurance?

No pictures please Cant you see I'm busy working

I also wanted to give a special thanks to those friends and family who are cheering on my mom and helping out in so many wonderful ways. She is doing great and started a blog of her own. She doesn't update it daily but its a good place for her to give updates on how she is doing without her having to repeat things to endless amounts of people. She has completed 4 cycles so she has 8 more. Shes 1/3 of the way done but still has quite a road ahead of her. She is definitely feeling things more. On her "on" weeks she is tired, doesn't feel like eating or drinking bc it makes her feel queasy at times, and her hands hurt. There are other side effects as well that she has to deal with but for the most part she keeps trucking right along. She is still working during both her "on" and "off" weeks but she has learned to say no to after work dinners or conventions. She definitely is listening to her body now more than ever. Brian and I usually bring her lunch and sit with her for part of the time she is at the Dr office getting her chemo which I know she enjoys and helps the day feel a little less long and boring. Her spirit is still high and we are all just focusing more on the future and not dwelling on how crappy the process is right now. Ive always admired and looked up to my mom. Shes the strongest woman I know and this only intensifies those feelings that Ive always had. She never complains and even on bad days she just says "it is what it is" complaining doesn't make this go away so you just deal with it best you can and look forward. Thank you to everyone who continue to call or email or send little encouraging cards to let her know she is still in your thought and prayers....and the meals that people drop off  on her "on" weeks are so incredible helpful! I also want to say that I knew I had incredible friends and I just hope you all know that I love and cherish you SO very much! The texts, emails, and phone calls i get to see how I am doing or just "thinking about you" are priceless. I know that everyone has things they deal with daily, and lives are so busy with work family etc. that it means the world to me that you all take time to reach out! Blessed doesn't even begin to cover how grateful I am and my family is for all the love support and prayers that we are sent every day! God bless you all!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment