Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day...so blessed to be Easton's mommy!


                                                HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
My beautiful flowers and sweet cards from my two boys!!!
This was a wonderful Mothers Day weekend! We got to spend lots of time as a family of 3 but also spent some good quality time with both sets of grandparents. Friday night Papa French had BBQ contest and we all went down to support him and hang out. His team name is "Big Stacks" hence the onesie I made Easton. I even put part of their logo on the back.....a bit inappropriate. You cant see it but its a woman (well endowed) holding racks of ribs :) All the guys on the team thought Easton was pretty cool sporting their team logo! 

 It was very cold and windy but we all had a great time. Easton was super happy and fun despite the weather. He handled it better than his mama :) He got passed around a ton and got his first lesson on the ABC's of BBQing from his grandpa! It only seemed right since the day he was born was during river city round up when my dad had to leave his BBQ contest to come meet his new grandson!

 Saturday we headed over to grandma and grandpa Kalasek's to celebrate Grandma Julie! Since I love a good craft a few weekends ago Me and Easton made garden stones for each grandma with his lil feet prints on them!
 They had some fun toys for Easton to play with. He spent over an hour just playing in Grandma's lap!
This morning we headed to Champions Run for their mothers day Brunch with my parents. Easton had fun sitting in his high chair and being walked around by grandpa! Afterwards we headed to grandma and grandpa French's to open gifts and play some more!!!!
 Easton helped Grandma French open her cards and gifts !!!! It was so nice to spend the morning celebrating the mother who is such an inspiration to me...I appreciate her even more now that I am a mom myself. She is incredible!
 This afternoon I sported my I love Easton T-shirt. We took a nice walk and played outside. I cant get enough of my smiling boy! I feel so blessed to be his mom! He is an angel and I thank God everyday for giving us Easton!
 We went to Upstream this afternoon for a cocktail and to get out of the house for a bit! Easton had fun too even though he only could have milk! :)
OUR 7 MONTH OLD'S DEVELOPMENT: WHATS NEW IN EASTONS WORLD
Your baby's beginning to understand how objects relate to one another in three-dimensional space. Babies instinctively combine objects by stacking them and, as they get older, trying to fit them inside one another.
If your baby admires his reflection in a mirror and you suddenly appear behind his image, he's likely to turn and look for you instead of believing that you're in the mirror itself.
A simple game of peek-a-boo might be absolutely fascinating to your baby. That's because he's starting to understand object permanence (that an object he can't see can still exist) and loves games in which people or things appear and disappear.
Your baby can now straighten his back and twist his trunk as he sits. This ability enables him to sit for longer periods of play.


Easton loves the game peek a boo! My mom had him giggling uncontrollably the other day while playing peek a boo! He does do a double take if I appear in the mirror behind him. He has to see me for himself. He has started to reach out for Brian or I if someone else is holding him or if he is in his crib or excersaucer and wants us to pick him up! Its so sweet!!! He loves playing with his blocks and now more than ever he is getting really good and picking them up and hitting them together to make noise. His hand/eye coordination is really getting good. He can play with things for a long time and gets very determined if something is out of his reach and he wants it.

He is still such a great snuggler. He loves giving hugs and is now giving kisses. Granted they are open mouth and you get slobbered on but we dont mind...its still precious to us! He loves wrapping his lil arms around your neck and nuzzling in for a tight hug or good snuggle! I honestly can not get enough of him. His smile is heart warming and his eyes shine with each giggle and smile. I cant believe how happy he is these days! He is quite the ham and flirts with everyone! Our daycare provider, Mary Pat, said that some of the little boys ask Easton for hugs and he gives them! Hes just too sweet!

He is also quite the talker these days. Of course its just baby babble, but he knows what he is saying :) I could listen to his noises all day long! He is still a wonderful sleeper (9-11 hrs per night) and is a great eater as well. We make 98% of the food he eats so he has tried a wide variety of things and so far sweet potatoes are the only thing he has reacted negatively to. He's had: avocado, squash, peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, prunes, green beans, beets, black beans, turkey, chicken, pears, peaches, apples, banana, spinach, plums and is also eating lil rice snacks btw his 2 meals of food! We can see a few lil teeth buds so we are waiting to cross that bridge in the near future!

Today I had a moment where I really sat back and reflected on the last 7+ months and cant believe how much Easton has grown and changed and how much I have grown and changed because of him. I cant believe how someone so small can affect our lives in such a major way! We are truly blessed and I cant wait to see what happens next!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love those garden stones. Your awesome creativity is transferring into motherhood so well! :) Easton is cuter than ever!

    ReplyDelete