Sunday, October 16, 2011

3 weeks old!!!

3 weeks old today!!! (Friday 10/14/11)

3 weeks: Your womb was a warm and cozy environment, and it'll take time for your baby to adjust to the various sights, sounds, and sensations of life outside your body. You may not be able to detect much of a personality just yet, as your baby spends his time moving in and out of several different states of sleepiness, quiet alertness, and active alertness. The only way your baby knows to communicate is by crying, but you can communicate with him through your voice and your touch. (Your baby can now recognize your voice and pick it out among others.) Your baby probably loves to be held, caressed, kissed, stroked, massaged, and carried. He may even make an "ah" sound when he hears your voice or sees your face, and he'll be eager to find you in a crowd.You may notice your baby becoming irritable or fussy at the end of the day. This is normal. It could be that your baby is just overwhelmed by all the new sights and sounds. (There's a lot to take in even if your home is relatively calm.) A baby's heart rate and sucking patterns actually change when he encounters a new sound. When you see your baby getting agitated, arrange for some quiet time — a massage, snuggle, or rocking — to help soothe him.

We had a pretty good week. It started with a fun visit from Uncle Tom and Aunt Halley. They brought him some awesome Nike Jordan shoes (that he will definitely have to grow into) and a very cute stuffed doggie. We hung out at our house and then finished the day off watching the Huskers at grandma and grandpa French's.  I also got to be the recipient of Easton's first projectile vomiting experience. Luckily it hit the computer desk, chair, and carpet more than mommy. We completed the weekend with dinner and a visit to the Kalasek grandparents house so that he could hang out with Uncle Pat and Aunt Angie. Btw the two uncles Easton may become a very naughty boy (j/K)!!!!






 very cool shoes from Uncle Tom and Aunt Halley

I ventured out to Target with Easton by myself this week. That was a first and I was very nervous but he did great! He was fussy a few times but would calm down after a couple minutes. Just when I feel so grown up something happens that makes me feel like I just left highschool. I was in target and a lady walked up to me asking if I was Sam from Millard North. Turned out to be the female security guard who remembered me and Easton got to meet her. I seriously went from being 29 to feeling 16 in a few minutes. Guess I havent matured that much if she recognized me in my sweats and hair pulled up. LOL! I also took him out to Village Pointe by myself. Its been so nice outside that Im trying to get as much sun time as possible as I know that once the true cold weather hits I will become a hermit and never want to leave the house.

He also got 2 baths this week and we have started tummy time. Both of wich he hates:
Bath Time
what are you going to do to me?
This sucks so bad!!! Im so cold!!!!
ok just hold me and keep me warm please

Tummy Time

I will not cooperate
 Ill just sleep instead....nite nite!

Brian and I also started letting him cry at night. We were told he has to learn to put himself to sleep.....this is hard for mommy. Daddy had to coach me through many weak moments when I wanted to grab the little monkey and hold him until he fell asleep. Some nights he would doze off in a few minutes and other nights there was 30-45 minutes of screaming to listen to. However he would sleep almost 4 straight hours after putting himself to sleep. My amazing husband takes the last feeding of the night (btw 9:30 and 10:30 usually) so I can have 30 min or an hour downstairs to have a glass of wine or watch tv alone or read etc. He enjoys Easton time alone since he works all day and I enjoy some quality "Sam" time to semi-recharge before the next day of Easton adventures. Now that he is getting bigger he is also getting more fussy, luckily he is starting to get the hang of a pacifire so that cuts down on some of the tantrums. No matter what mood he is in I still look at him and am amazed that we made this beautiful baby boy. I cant beleive he belongs to us!!! He is changing daily and even in the most sleep deprived moments and long days of him being fussy I will look back and miss these moments because he will grow up so fast!!!! These 3 weeks have flown by!

 napping on mommy
 flashing some sort of baby gang sign i think :)
 just snuggling
 full belly!!!!
Visiting Blonde's and meeting Trayci. This is where the contractions all started 3 weeks ago!!! All the stylist wanted to see the baby that was born 2 hours after his mommy got her hair done :)





1 comment:

  1. I think its great you are starting to sleep train him already! You all will be so much happier! Love to catch up with you all on here!

    ReplyDelete