Tuesday, October 25, 2011

1 MONTH OLD ALREADY!!!!!

 4 weeks:Your baby may gurgle, coo, grunt, and hum to express his feelings. A few babies also begin squealing and laughing. Be sure to coo and gurgle back, and talk to your baby face to face. He'll enjoy holding your gaze now. If you have things to do, your baby will still enjoy hearing your voice from across the room. And don't feel silly about using baby talk — babies are particularly attuned to this high-pitched, drawn-out way of communicating, which can actually teach your baby about the structure and function of language.


Im how old? 1 whole month...wow!
I cant beleive its been a month already. Seriously the time has flown by. We have been having so much fun being Easton's mom and dad. Brian is amazing. Since Im pumping as well as breastfeeding he takes night shifts during the weekend so I can get long stretches of sleep after the week of getting up twice a night. He enjoys his alone time with Easton as much as I do during the work week. Sunday Brian came home with a Keurig coffee maker which has saved my life and also my checkbook at starbucks and scooters were becomming a daily stop for us!!!!

4 weeks old is hard work!

Easton is starting to really make eye contact with us. He is smiling more now and laughing a little bit...but its mostly in his sleep so we wonder what his baby dreams are about....probably milk or pooping LOL! Monday I had an eye appointment...he screamed the entire time. Being in the tiny room with my dr. and a screaming child in a car seat was just a bit embarrassing for mom, but we made it through. He spent most of this week being extremely gassy and fussy. There were a few mom meltdowns. Its so hard when I know he is uncomfortable and there isnt anything I can do about it. Daddy came home early a few days to help out. The nurse suggested I eliminate dairy from my diet and so far its definitely made a difference. I got a list of things not to eat with this no dairy diet (yogurt, cheese, milk, butter, oil, most breads, crackers, milk chocolate, etc).....basically my diet is now fruits veggies and protein....and anything non-dairy I can find....its all worth it though if it helps the little man not be so gassy and uncomfortable. There are a few things that are true life savers for us: The new Keurig coffee maker, a pacifier which is now is getting better at using, and the vibrator function in the bassinet and the bouncer. So far he is not a fan of his swing.
love me some pacifier



good morning mom and dad!

We also paid a visit to LFG to see my co-workers. He was so good letting a few people hold him and not squeal or cry. I was very proud of him. Of course the second we got home he made up for it :) Uncle Tom also made a quick visit this week and Grandma & Grandpa French stopped by a few times as well. Molly Reed and Aunt Karen also dropped by to get their Easton fix. Lil' E is so lucky to have so many people love him! 

our little monster
show us your monster face!

ready to visit LFG
his "Oooh" face that he makes all the time! We love it!!!


This past weekend my parents had a Husker Party for family and their close friends. It was in honor of Easton so everyone could meet the little guy. We got him in his Husker onesie from Auntie Paula.

watching the game on daddys lap
practing my Husker cheers!!!

Easton has been gaining weight. We are estimating him to be 7lbs +. He eats every 2 1/2 to 3 hours and will definitely let us know when its time for his next meal! He is filling out his newborn clothes nicely and we can make some of the 0-3 months stuff work. He is definitely getting a cute lil belly on him. As my brother put it "He looks like a real baby now" :)
 after meal belly!
Looking good! 






1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear from you guys! I am glad to hear the dairy thing is helping you! We did not find that out with the girl I nanny for till she was 15 months old so she had to suffer for ever because her dr was an idiot. Turns out she wasn't just gassy from it- she was allergic! but When baby is gassy and uncomfortable one this I will tell you you won't be able to live without is a happy tummi! I'll post the link for you. It is a miracle worker. I put it on a baby i watch part time now after he eats and it helps him digest the food correctly and he usually has a good poo right after which is hard for him and then falls asleep! He sleeps longer with it too because of how it soothe him! hugs!


    http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=523777&cm_ven=RKG_Froogle&cm_cat=NA&cm_pla=NA&cm_ite=NA&orderType=6&utm_source=RKG_GoogleProducts&utm_medium=datafeed&utm_campaign=product&utm_term=GoogleShopping&zmam=15782718&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=13194BLUE%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20

    ReplyDelete