Monday, September 12, 2011

37 weeks--- we're in the home stretch!!!

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away.That doesn't mean he's finished growing — in fact, he's still packing on about a half pound a week. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. Your baby weighs around 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Your uterus is a little crowded these days. He’s probably not kicking as much, though he’s probably stretching, rolling a bit, and wiggling (all of which you’ll be able to feel!). Right now, your little superstar is busy rehearsing for his big debut, inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid (to get the lungs ready for that first breath), sucking his thumb (to prepare for that first suckle of milk), blinking, and turning from side to side.

Your Body in Week 37 of Pregnancy

Your body is going through its own preparations for childbirth as your practitioner starts looking for signs of labor. On the checklist: the baby's position in relation to your pelvis (engagement) and whether effacement (thinning of the cervix) and dilation (opening of the cervix) have begun. Your practitioner may also determine whether your cervix has begun to soften-another indication that labor is getting closer. Keep in mind that these processes can occur gradually (over a period of weeks or even a month or more in some women) or overnight. So while they're clues that you're indeed progressing, they're far from sure bets when it comes to pinpointing the actual start of labor.

Sometimes it's very hard to tell false labor from the early stages of true labor. Here are some things that might help you sort it out:
  • False labor contractions are unpredictable. They come at irregular intervals and vary in length and intensity. Although true labor contractions may be irregular at first, over time they start coming at regular and shorter intervals, become increasingly more intense, and last longer.
  • With false labor, the pain from the contractions is more likely to be centered in your lower abdomen. With true labor, you may feel the pain start in your lower back and wrap around to your abdomen.
  • False labor contractions may subside on their own, or when you start or stop an activity or change position. True labor contractions will persist and progress regardless of what you do.
I had my first full check up last Friday and will now be going to the Dr. every week. She said im not dialated yet. I was glad with that outcome as Id like lil Easton to wait to join us in October. I know he has his own agenda and we are ready for him whenever he decides to make his grand enterance, but an October Bday is what Im hoping for! I have definitely been "nesting" for the past 2 weeks. I have lots of energy even though Im getting bigger by the day and waddle from place to place. Over labor day weekend we deep cleaned our house from top to bottom. Those who know me and my husband know that we vacuum, dust, clean all floors and bathrooms every Sat morning so you can imagine what went on when we DEEP CLEANED! There is not an inch of wood trim that wasnt polished and dusted in our house :) I am never tired (except at work and that has nothing to do with being 9 months pregnant LOL) and I always feel as if I should be doing some sort of project. I know I should spend this time with my feet up, resting, napping, and just relaxing since pretty soon I will be so busy my head will spin but I just cant seem to force myself to relax for too long (unless a good BRAVO tv show is on and then im on the coach for at least an hour!) I sewed Easton his Xmas stocking. That kept me off my feet but still gave me something to do for a few weeks everynight after work.  And yes everyone I did actually sew each individual piece of this on along with each sequence/bead etc. Im slowly becoming domestic (when i have step by step directions)......

Im so excited for Xmas these next years. My cousins Ben and Kristina already have a little boy, Kobe, who is almost exactly a year older than Easton will be, and my other Kohler cousin Carrie just found out she is expecting a little boy in January. Pretty soon the French family Xmas will be over run with little boys causing trouble! We cant wait! Its the one day of the year that we are all together so we already look forward to it each Xmas, and now there is even more reason to celebrate!

Last Saturday I had my last baby shower. It was such a nice day and Jaque and her mom did a fantastic job. The house was beautifully decorated, the games were so fun, and the food with delish! (Brian even got a plate of leftovers brought home for him so he was in heaven....thanks Jaque and Kathy!). I loved spending the afternoon with such close friends. Most of which Ive grown up with and their moms have watched me grow up as well. It was a day full of laughter and fun and Easton got so many wonderful things. We are truly so blessed to have such generous and amazing friends and family! Easton doesnt even realize how lucky he is yet!

Saturday we went and got our BOB stroller at Scheels and then Sunday morning we went to Babies "R" Us and pottery barn kids to complete out our registry with all things that we still needed/wanted. Brian is so happy we have nothing left to purchase so he can stay away from Babies R Us for awhile LOL! Im just glad to be done with registry stuff. We received so many things from both places that were never taken off our registry....and some things we didnt receive were taken off our registry. It happened when we registered for wedding gifts so I shouldnt have been suprised. Brian put up our swing and helped me organize all Eastons books, and I got all of his little clothes and blankies washed and put away. Those of you who know me well know how much I love organizing closets so this little boy has the best looking closet ever! We literally have nothing left to do but wait for him to come out and enjoy all his wonderful gifts and meet everyone who already loves him so much! Here are some pictures from the shower Jaque threw for me...........................................

me and the hostess with the mostess Jaque!

Me and the G-ma's


reading what traits I hope Easton gets from me and what traits he gets from Brian

Thanks Auntie Paula for helping Easton get education on Husker football and look good while doing so! Love you!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! so exciting! that stalking is AMAZING!!it looks like our family stalkings! so cute! can not wait to meet him! let me know if you'd like some help with his announcements when you have him!!! you can see some that I have done here- http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.137298539647451.17251.122239084486730&type=1 can come up with some other designs or work with any Idea you have. its super easy i just make it and send it to walgreens or vista prints! Praying for you all and your lil family! hugs!

    ReplyDelete