Thursday, May 31, 2018

Kalasek - Party of 6!!!!


Well folks she is here and we couldn't be more excited (and frazzled) about our new family of 6! 


 Im not going to lie labor was a BI@!# lol. I either blocked out how bad contractions felt or this time around was just extra painful....hard to say as Paxton came via emergency C-section so its been 4 years since I had a vaginal delivery. Due to me wanting a V-bac (vaginal after C-section) my OB wanted to make sure I didn't quite make it to my due date (May 21). Since that had never happened with my 3 previous kiddos we weren't too worried about....fast forward to 38 weeks and she was still happy as can be in my womb. I was only dilated btw a 1 and 2 cm. Dr. Phillips but an induction on the calendar for Thursday the 17th, but again bc I wanted to do a V-bac she wasn't going to use petocin to induce but rather insert a "bulb" and then break my water.....well that sounded horrific to me so I was determined to get Miss Sophia outa there asap! I had her strip me that appointment (Friday the 11th) and went home to be as active as possible (example: walking and jogging on treadmill, playing soccer with Easton, bouncing on Paxton's therapy ball, and taking the kiddos to Easton's school carnival). I did start having contractions but nothing consistent or too painful. Then around 11pm I knew they were getting worse, but again they were still around 8 min apart and I would have some gaps in time where nothing was happening at all. Since my first 2 deliveries were fast and furious my OB told me to come to the hospital around 7 or 8 min apart instead of the usual 5min. Around 2am-ish I told Brian to call his parents bc we needed to go. I was in a LOT of pain.

We checked into our labor and delivery room and I was STILL only 2 cm dilated. Again my doctor didnt want to send me home bc she knew once things got started they would move fast. I had to walk the halls which was a new experience for me....and not a fun one at that. About every 4 minutes I had to hang onto the wall due to the amount of pain with each contraction. Finally after 45 minutes I said "screw this" and went back to my room. I got my epidural around 4cm which was early for me but thank goodness I did. Once I was pain free and able to relax I progressed super fast. At about 8cm Dr. Phillips came up and I also had Brian call my mom to see if she wanted to be in the room. For the first 3 pregnancies it was always just Brian and I in the labor/delivery room....actual with Paxton even Brian wasn't allowed in the room. I knew this was our last babe and if my mom ever wanted to experience watching a birth this was it. She gladly came up and was so happy I asked her to be a part of Sophia's big day. I got to a 10 super quick and after 1 push out she came. She wasn't crying much at first, but once she started it was loud and strong. After going through what we did with Paxton this was music to our ears and just a very sweet moment for Brian and I. She was put on my chest and lifted her head right away.....it was incredible. We had forgotten how strong these little ones are (as Paxton couldn't lift his head from "tummy time" until 7 months) our current "normal" had us completely forgetting everything "typical" newborn. Sophia Morgan Kalasek was born at 7:34am on May 12th. Weightng a small 5 pounds 15 oz.
God is soooo good! 




daddys girl already


proud Nana

me and my girl!
I spent the next 2 full days and nights at the hospital loving every minutes of my quiet time with miss Sophia. Brian and the boys came up on mothers day to hang out for a bit, but hospital rooms are not big enough or exciting enough to keep 3 little boys occupied and happy for long :) I enjoyed laying in bed, snuggling Sophia, watching TV, ordering room service, and sitting in peace for 2 days...I knew once I went home it was game on. Brian came up a couple times to hang out with us, but he was busy at home playing re-arrange the car seats and get the baby equipment set up for sister to come home.


my babies

Best picture ever! 



My heart X4

first family of 6 photo



I think she realized she was coming home to complete craziness!
 

Now that we have been home for about 10 days things are going well. I wouldn't say we have any type of routine but we are managing. Taking both her and Paxton to things has been the biggest chore. Since he can not walk I am either carrying him and pushing her in a stroller, caring her in her carrier and pushing him in a stroller, or maneuvering around with the giant double stroller. Between therapy sessions and doctors appointments I am getting a lot of practice with this. None of the above ways are ideal or fun. Eventually I will be able to wear her but she is still too tiny for that. I tried to wear Paxton today for an appointment and that wasn't as easy as I had pictured in my head. :) 

She isn't sleeping much at all and is following Easton and Ben's footsteps of being very loud, fussy, and hungry anytime she is awake lol. Pre-Paxton I think I would be super stressed out at this point....now I just live by the mantra "fake it til you make it". It hasn't been easy but Im blessed to be in this position and we are all adapting and figuring it out as we go. For not sleeping more than a handful of hours a night (and definitely in small increments at that) I don't feel that awful or depleted like I have in the past. Maybe its bc I have really paid attention to my nutrition this time around or maybe its just bc after going through what we did with Paxton we don't sweat the small stuff and are used to just making it work regardless. (probably a combination of both). She is so tiny and adorable and her brothers absolutely adore her! And how much fun is everything PINK for a change :) 
So fun doing girlie nursery this time around 

that table my grandpa Dean built for me...so glad I held onto it




All the boys are having so much fun with her! Paxton thinks she is so interesting and hilarious. He laughs every time she cries :) and loves to point out her facial features....we are working on the concept of "gentle" so he's not poking her in the face too much! Our only hiccup thus far is that if I pump and give her a bottle instead of breastfeed and he isn't getting a bottle at that same time he tends to have a fit! We are getting creative with this and just using it as a teaching method as he will need to learn that he doesn't always get drinks or food when others do. 

Ben loves to snuggle with her and sing her songs. He is always saying "Sophia is the most adorable baby ever" Easton is just a giant help. He loves to hold her, help get me things if I am feeding her or holding her, and he makes sure that everyone knows the rules about being quiet while she is sleeping :) I don't think Brian and I ever really imagined having a large family but we are so happy and blessed that it worked out this way. Its chaotic and crazy but SO SO SO fun too! I am sure I will have lots more fun stories to bring you as the adventures just keep coming! God Bless! 










These 2 cousins are 22 days apart and bound to be the best of friends! 

favorite thing ever! 


No comments:

Post a Comment