Thursday, December 21, 2017

So many updates.....Thanksgiving, KC trip, and BIG NEWS!

So I know its been FOREVER! I truly apologize. Im not going to say life is crazy bc thats a given and heck you all have crazy lives too. Every time I sat down to blog there was a Paxton blog that needed done first, or an event coming up so I talked myself out of writing thinking I would wait until after the event. So now all three boys are out of the house at Paxton's aqua therapy session with Brian so I have some time. I will make this pretty short...if I tried to fill you in from Halloween to know this would be a novel and nobody has time for that :)

Brian and I are busy being mom and dad with careers outside of just juggling all the PWS stuff. Brian is amazing at medical research and taking charge if and when a dr visit/ER visit is needed. I tend to panic in these situations. I step in when Pax needs a suppository or other "gross" thing that moms just do. We are both looking forward to the holidays and some nice time home together. He took over a week off and I work part-time from home so there will be a  few afternoons that it will be just us and we cant wait! Paxton has a break from all therapies as well so we are looking forward to two weeks of a less busy schedule.


 Easton is doing great and growing like a weed. He is ALWAYS hungry these days. He still loves school and I love having a few hours each afternoon to just sit and talk to him about his day. He continues to be Paxton's favorite person ever and is still quite the rule follower. He is a great big brother, but definitely knows how to push Ben's buttons. He is very stubborn about being wrong and pretty much cheats at any board game you play with him. He takes very good care of me and is always making sure I don't need any help with whatever task I am tackling. He went to his second Husker game with my parents and Brian and loved it. If there was ever a season for cheap tickets and good seats this was the one!



 He also got his cast off which was amazing! NO MORE SPONGE BATHS!!!! He loved the attention he got and all the signatures but he agreed that its much nicer having two fully functioning hands. He is still my sweet and sensitive child. His soul is just so very special!





Benny continues to be the clown of the family. We literally just listen to him talk 24/7 and laugh. First of all he is NEVER not talking unless he is sleeping....The things that come out of his mouth are amazing and so off the wall and random that it catches you off guard 99% of the time. He is a tiny little peanut with more energy than I have ever seen in another human. He is 50/50 about pre-school but is doing very well with all his learning and development there. He loves to run around naked and make everyone laugh. The other day Easton brought me home some flowers (he went to Mulhall's with my mom to see the reindeer...photo above). Ben asked who the flowers were from and I told him Easton. His respond was (in a very jack-A$$ voice) "oh that so adorable" This morning he came downstairs wearing a star wars mask at 6:30am and said "you will never understand the dark side" and then proceeded to get ready for Mary Pat's. He LOVES Paxton and is always hugging and kissing on him. He loves to tell everyone how cute his little brother is. He is our wild man but so fun to be around (and very exhausting as well).





Paxton continues to make huge progress and is just an awesome kid. If you follow his personal blog you know more about his development and activities. We went to the PWSA_USA conference in Orlando followed by another Florida trip 2 weeks later to visit Dr. Miller. He's doing great and once we figure out his GI issues he will be doing fantastic :) He is so smiley and loves to bang on things and make noise. He is starting to "talk" more and is finally holding his own bottle/sippy cup which is amazing for mom :) 





Dr.Miller

so much attention at Mary Pat's 

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We went to Aurora to spend the day with my grandparents. For early 90's they are doing very well and LOVE to see Paxton. They couldn't get over how much more social and mobile he was from the last time they saw him which was in the summer. We announced that we were having another baby (spoiler alert) and they couldn't be more thrilled. However, we asked the boys to tell them what we were adding to our family and Ben shouts "A DOG" which has NEVER been discussed so nobody knows where that came from. Of course it caused a ruckus of laughing and noise so my hearing impaired grandfather heard nothing after that and my mom had to re-inform him of our addition on the phone days later.....oh Benny! 

Grandma Dean and Paxton Dean
We also made a quick trip to KC to spend some much overdue time with my brother and his awesome family. We went to an amazing museum at Union Station and had so much fun just hanging at their house and letting the kids run all over the place. Pax and little Mila have quite the friendship already and the other 3 boys stayed up way too late and made a mess whenever they could. Its always so nice to get out there and hang with the French's for a weekend. We have the most fun not doing much besides relaxing and enjoying each others company. We feel so lucky that they are only 3 hours away so we can get visits in here and there.




The boys saw Santa at the mall and at Brian's work. No one was afraid this year which made for dull photos lol. Ben asked for another jumpy house (bc the giant one we already have isn't enough) and Easton asked for a diamond for his rock collection.....so neither item will be delivered this year :) But I think they will be just fine. 



While we were in Florida visiting Dr.Miller my parents had the boys and took them to the Durham. We haven't ever taken them there but from the photos and stories it will definitely be a place we will go back to. 



So back to the BIG news. Baby #4 is coming May 2018. We did a lot of debating about this major move. I have always wanted 4 once I knew we were going to expand past 2. After Paxton's birth and diagnosis there was a time when we weren't sure if that was a good move or not. Ultimately he almost helped us see that we could absolutely handle another beautiful gift from God and that there was still so much love left for us to give. Easton and Benny are such great buddies so it will be nice that the new baby and Pax will get that same type of relationship as well. I have finally started to feel less nauseous and have quite the bump emerging. We had our anatomy ultrasound this week and everything looked great. Baby is measuring right at her due date (May 21st to be exact) except her head was measuring more in the 10% percentile so we will watch that. I have another ultrasound in 4 weeks and I think I will get them quite frequently from here on out just bc I am considered high risk after Paxton. When the dr looked back she saw that Easton was also measuring small for head size and lets be honest here people the child does NOT have a small head now. He's always been in the 90+% for head size so we aren't too terribly worried about it and neither was my dr. The boys are super excited for another baby and especially a baby GIRL! Who knew the Kalasek's could create girls? :) 




Ben was very angry that the confetti went down his shirt and pants. lol

ITS A GIRL! 


Hope everyone has a blessed holiday full of laughter, faith, family, and hope for an amazing 2018! XOXOXOXOX




No comments:

Post a Comment