I cant believe our sweet boy Paxton is already 5 months....but at the same time I feel like I have aged YEARS since his birth. He is getting stronger every day and baby talking all the time now. He still sleeps majority of the day, but definitely has some good awake time in between long snoozes. He smiles and occasionally will giggle but he really makes you work for those things. Bottle feeding is still a constant struggle, but luckily with the G-button we are able to make sure he continues to grow with the right amount of calories. He has discovered his hands and LOVES to have them in his mouth or clawing at his face. I literally clip his nails every other day, otherwise he has scratches all over his beautiful skin. He loves his playmate and would kick at the toys hanging down on it 24/7 if he didnt tire out so easily. His OT and PT are going really well and we are so grateful that Lucy is as great with him as she is. She gets a lot out of him in the 1 hour sessions. We just keep working with him and loving on him. His brothers continue to dote on him all day everyday. They fight over who he loves the most and who can sit closer to him than the other. I cant wait for the day Paxton can just smack them away :)



 |
| hands in my mouth |
 |
| I can grab onto things now...its very hard for me but I can do it if i really focus |
We were able to go to Aurora a few weeks ago to visit my grandparents. Of course that morning Ben through up so it was just Paxton and I that ended up going....seriously Ben's timing with stomach pugs is impeccable. It was so nice to finally get out to see my grandparents since we haven't seen them since before Christmas in person. They are 90 and 91 so I hate that we hadn't been down in months for a visit. They have been anxious to meet sweet Paxton and I think it helped them feel better about the entire situation just seeing him and watching me take care of him (and especially feed him with the Gbutton). My grandma got in some good snuggle time and he gave my grandpa a few smiles. I wish the other boys could've made the trip but it was also nice to really get in some good conversations with them.


I also took Paxton back up to Methodist Hospital for a quick visit. We saw Natasha who is now like family to us. And we also got to see Dr. Oahre. Both of these women have helped Paxton and our family in more ways than I can explain. They definitely came into our lives for a reason and I know we will continue to stay close throughout this journey with Paxton.
 |
| Dr. Oahre |
 |
| Natasha |
We have Kindergarten round up this week! I cant believe I have to start coming to terms with Easton going to elementary school. Last night was the parent meeting. We toured the school and got a boat load of paper work and information. Friday is actual Kindergarten Round Up and when they described how on Friday we simply drop Easton off and the Kindergarten teachers take it from there for two hours I about lost my cool......I understand their goal is to start working on his independence, but wow just imagining him everyday picking out his own lunch in the cafeteria, carrying his own lunch tray, knowing where to go and when to go there, walking the halls......ahhhhhhhh I just cant! He's going to LOVE it and do great. We have had him in pre-school for two years so some of this he has already mastered but Elementary School is just such a giant leap from the Gingerbread House pre-school. Easton is like my person....he and I are so very close and to not know everything about every aspect of his day is so hard for me to grasp. I know he is away from me and pre-school and Mary Pat's all week, but I am constantly texting both his teacher and Mary daily and they sent me stories and photos etc. Next year will be a whole new unknown ballgame for all of us. So many what ifs fly through my brain (what if he doesn't have anyone to sit with at lunch? what if he drops his milk and it splashes everywhere? what if he has a stomach ache ? etc etc etc) and I have to just take a step back and realize that #1. Im crazy #2. He's such a great and smart kid and #3. He's been ready for this next step for awhile. I have the rest of winter, all of spring, and all of summer to work on preparing myself for this.


Onto the main event.....Benny turned 3 last Saturday. I cant believe he's 3 already. Brian took him to his 3 year check up and he is still a peanut. Weighting 28lbs he is just in the 12% for weight and the 14% for height (35." inches). His BMI was spot on and Dr.Gary thought he looked great. Maybe him still being so little makes it hard to grasp that he is already three or Maybe bc I was sleep deprived the first 2 1/2 years but I swear they just flew by. We picked the theme Young Wild and THREE bc he is our wild child for sure. He's not bad or mean he is just wild and LOVES life. We kept it small with just our closet friends and family. We rented a bounce house and kind of let the kids run free. Benjamin had the best time and loved telling people it was "his party" or "his birthday". He finally mastered holding up 3 fingers instead of all 5 when people asked how old he was. We forced him to take a nap before people arrived so when I went in to wake him up the first thing out of his mouth was "is my party set up yet?" lol. Benjamin is one of a kind in every sense. He talks non-stop and even has his own little language he will break out once in awhile. We have no idea what he is saying but he finds it hilarious so we do too. He is fearless. He definitely leaps before he looks, but is getting better and understanding that he can get hurt if he's not careful. He loves very deeply. Every morning we wake the boys up and Easton is either falling off the bed or on Ben's pillow. Ben literally has to be right up next to you when sleeping and since neither will sleep on the top bunk anymore Easton gets forced off by Ben's strong cuddles or he just gets up and moves to Ben's now empty pillow. His new thing is kissing on the cheek. We can not give him kisses on the lips...if we do he wipes them off and then turns our heads so he can get our cheeks. If we are snuggling watching TV he will just turn to me and say "mom, I love you too" He doesn't wait for me to say it to him he just gives the response :) Our nighttime routine is that I come upstairs after I clean up downstairs and do my last pump of the day. The boys are in our bed watching tv and I get in the middle of them (we have a queen size bed....its a tight squeeze lol) and we watch cartoons together and just talk. Once Ben is ready to fall asleep he likes me to turn to face him and he puts his hands on my cheeks and falls asleep. Its quite possible the sweetest thing ever. For such a wild child he has the most tender heart. He really is the epitome of go big or go home. He will try anything at least once and isn't afraid to let you know how he is feeling. If he is angry you will no...im sure our neighbors can hear when he is mad. Ben's volume control is either 0 or 10....there is no middle ground with him. He makes everyone smile and we never know what will come out of his mouth next. He has kept us smiling and laughing during some of the hardest times these past 6 months. We are so excited to see what year 3 has in store for him. (becoming potty trained would sure be nice). We loved celebrating his life last weekend and we were surrounded by so many amazing people while doing it. Blessed is an understatement.

 |
| POW WOW popcorn favor bags |
 |
| Treats for the tribe |
 |
| trail mix and rainbow trout (aka goldfish crackers) |
 |
| fruit arrow and sticks and stones (toothpicks and meatballs) |
 |
| teepee sandwiches and campsite chips and dip |
 |
| my big 3 year old |
 |
| my almost kindergartner |
 |
| My world! |
The morning after his party he woke up in the same outfit (bc we were too lazy to put PJs on him and he was too tired to care) and of course came down wearing his favorite gift his "gobble gobbles" (goggles). He has yet to take them off or leave the house without them. Love this kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment