Monday, February 22, 2016

Benny Boo Turns Two!!!!


So I know its been awhile since I've blogged. To be honest there have been many times when I've sat down to write and either something else came up (like a child who absolutely needed to have me that very moment lol) or I didn't think there was anything all that interesting to write about. Things have been busy, eventful, and crazy in the last month in a half.....but we cant complain. Everyone is happy healthy and ready for Spring! (this weekend gave us a small taste and we want more!).



I can not believe my baby boy is 2 years old. It went by super fast. You'd think spending two years rarely sleeping through the night (both Ben and us) would make for a very long 730 days/nights, but honestly it really went by in a blink of an eye. Ben has certainly proved that you can have two children, parent them basically the same, and come out with EXTREMELY different little people. He exudes energy, loves life fully (so much so that he doesn't want to waste it by sleeping lol), and is the most cuddly little man ever! He is bold, strong willed, and determined to do everything on his own and in his own way. His favorite things continue to be his blankie and his mama. :) He is talking non-stop now and has a play list of songs that he is singing (aka screaming) non-stop. Some of those include "Happy Birthday" "Rain, Rain Go Away" "Twinkle Twinkle" and "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed." Although he is quick with his temper and has no problem hitting, telling you "no no" or trying to put Brian and I in "time out" if we tell him not to do something....he is also very quick to give hugs, kisses, and be so tender and sweet if he knows someone is sad or hurting. He will smack Easton and then immediately hug him and say "sowwy brother". He can count to 13 (thank you Mary Pat & co.) and is obsessed with dancing and attempting summersaults.


Easton and Ben have developed more into friends which is so fun to see. As Ben has grown and now able to play more, follow directions more, and be more self sufficient they are able to play and interact with one another more as friends than as big and little brothers. Now don't get me wrong Ben still enjoys grabbing a toy from Easton, knocking down his Lego master pieces, and overall pushing his buttons when he's in an ornery mood but that's brothers for you. Easton is just as guilty of purposely making Benny mad when the mood strikes. Overall Easton is the most amazing big brother. He loves teaching Ben things and then running to Brian or I to tell us "Mom I taught Ben how to say/do/sing ____" Its been an amazing 2 years watching them each grow and develop together and individually. Easton is still loving school and especially loving church school. This past Sunday his class sang during church service and it was so sweet! It brought me back to the days of my childhood when I would do the same thing! He's growing up so fast that I find myself staring at him in awe (which is usually followed by him asking "mom why are you just staring at me")
The fact that Ben is already two and the trace of his baby-ness is all but gone. As much as its sad to say goodbye to the baby boy I am very excited to see what this 2nd year has in store for him....and in store for us :) No matter what kind of a pain he happens to be during the night hours (from refusing to sleep in his crib and even jumping out to having us resort to sleeping on the floor next to his crib with him just to try to eliminate the habit of him in our bed every night).... Brian and I always wake up to a happy go lucky sweetheart who has us laughing every morning. I can learn a lot for his enthusiasm for life on a daily basis. I hope he always sees life as an opportunity to dance, sing, love, and experience all it has to offer in a positive, happy, and excited way! We love you Benny boo! Happy 2nd birthday (on Thursday!)

Easton singing at church Sunday!

We celebrated his birthday Ninja Turtle style this weekend. It was a blast and we felt so blessed to have so many family and friends come (some who traveled hours to be there). Its so fun getting all the little ones together. I feel so lucky that not only are my kids great friends with their cousins they are also great friends with my cousins' kids. Family is everything so any chance to get as many of us together is an event to be grateful for indeed.....and its an added bonus when its both Brian's side and my side together! It made for a full house and we enjoyed every second of it! I didn't get as many photos as I wanted and the ones I got definitely are not winning any photography awards but I decided that I wanted to really live the party and not view it via photos after the fact. Its so hard to balance getting the shots that will serve as visual reminders once the kids are grown and we want to reminise and actually being present and enjoying the moments as they happen. There have been times in the past where I have missed visiting with everyone I wanted to, or getting down on hands and knees to play with the little ones just because I wanted to make sure I had good pictures or a video on my phone. I truly enjoyed this party whole heartedly and felt like I got to watch the kids play, I got to play with them, and I was able to talk to people I don't necessarily see on a daily/weekly basis. So, if that means I wasn't able to multi-task and get as many good photos as I had hoped I am okay with it. Regardless enjoy the pics that I was able to take!



party favors for the kids...mini pizza boxes full of goodies

we rented an indoor bounce house

we have a mini bounce house that the littlest ones were able to use too 

dress up



Easton and Jack fighting bad guys

so mad it Benny turned out blurry. He and Grayson were giving high fives and it was making them SO happy! 

family chaos

showing lots of love to pretty baby Charli Layne

cupcake face.....our lil birthday boy

the next day we hung out with Grayson one last time before they headed back on the road. Benny wasn't too sure about sharing Nana with him.


No comments:

Post a Comment