Thursday, November 5, 2015

Kalaseks Do Halloween

Well friends Halloween has come and gone. Easton is my twin when it comes to loving this holiday. Not only the fact that it celebrates sugar :) but we both enjoy all spooky things and dressing up! His love for the movies Hocus Pocus and Nightmare Before Christmas warms my heart. Those are definitely on my #5 list of not only favorite Halloween movies but favorite movies in general! This year I let him choose what he wanted to be and he enthusiastically told me "shiny armor" which translates to Knight in Shinning Armor. Naturally I decided that a dragon would be the perfect pairing costume for Benny to be. I am biased but they both looked precious. This year it was more of a challenge to get a posed photo but we did the best we could under the circumstances :)

I felt like a "legit" parent this year bc I got to be a room helper for his costume parade and Halloween party at his pre-school. It was so fun and cute to see all the little people running around and get a good feeling of the kids he spends 2 days a week with. His teacher is amazing. I could not do that job thats for sure. 

my handsome Knight Easton


helping with Crafts

his teacher Mrs. Kinworthy

His werewolf mask we all made

Class photos



He didn't want me to leave.....its so nice that he wants me there....I know there will come a time when Ill be asked not to come to thing lol 
Our Church also does a fun things called Trunk or Treat. I am sure most are familiar with the concept.   People volunteer to decorate their cars and trunks differently and the kids all trick or treat in the parking lot. Then there are games and snacks inside to participate in. It was a windy and cold day so we hustled from car to car but we did had fun (and I was able to get another use out of the costumes :)  They had a ring toss game that Ben loved. And by "loved" I mean he would grab the rings after kids tossed them and then he would take off as fast as he could. I got my work out in that night chasing him. Even with a tail the kid can move fast. Thank goodness my mom was there to help out. 
my lil naughty dragon

attempt at a picture of them both

all ready for candy!
They also had a costume party at MaryPat's with the other kids. 3 kids go to an elementary school across from her neighborhood. Mary takes them each morning and picks them up as well. The school (Grace Abbott Elementary) does a Halloween parade which is so fun to watch (and try to get ideas on  unique costumes for future years lol). It was a Friday so normally I am home with the boys but this Friday we all went to MaryPat's and walked with her and the other kids up to the school to watch....SERIOUSLY this woman is amazing. Normally she takes them to the park, zoo, Mahoney, etc by herself. When the weather is nice they always walk up to pick up the 3 older kids from school so this is a walk they are all familiar with. There was the double stroller with the 2 babies (2 months and 8 months), Ben (19 months), 3 kids btw 20-24 months, 2 4yr olds, and a 3 year old....As she is pushing the stroller she is directing everyone else, making sure no one runs into the street or ventures off into peoples yards or runs too far ahead. OMG! Luckily they listen to her pretty well but they are ALL BOYS so we all know how they love to push, run, and generally attempt to hurt themselves 24/7. Needless to say I was exhausted after the walk to and from the school lol! She is superwoman and I am beyond grateful she came into our lives. (oh and she let the kids pick out her costume.....they chose a zombie of course lol)

watching the parade
Mary containing Ben bc he wanted to join in the parade
The boys are doing amazing. We have had some sickness btw the three of us but luckily Brian's travels have kept him away from our germs so he has stayed pretty healthy. I had a quick 24hr flu earlier this week after Easton spent the night throwing up so Monday him and I stayed home and layer around. He was mostly recovered but I didn't want to sent him to school or Marys just in case. He was so sweet with me. He brought me a bowl and told me he would hold it for me in case I had to throw up....and then kept apologizing that I was sick bc "i touched him when he was sick" He's our little sensitive soul! He is still loving school and we can't wait for next week when we get to attend teacher conferences and hear from an unbiased person who our little guy is inside the classroom. Benny is talking up a storm. He speaks so clearly and everyday sings a new song or says a new word that we had no clue he was able to do. He loves singing "twinkle twinkle" in the car and then a "bubble gum song" they sing during snack at MaryPat's house. He believes that if he says "please" that means you must give him whatever it is he is wanting.....this doesn't usually end well as he is always wanting m&ms which he calls "popcorn" (bc awhile back I had a bowl of popcorn mixed with  peanuts and m&ms). He literally never stops moving or climbing things.....he hits his head A LOT! His two obsessions are brushing his teethe and his blankets. He has three that he has to sleep with and the second he wakes up he drops them over the edge of the crib and wants to carry them all around with him. No one can brush their teethe around him or he will start crying and screaming for your toothbrush. I literally have to do it before he wakes up or bring his toothbrush into my bathroom even after he has already used it just to keep him happy while I get ready in the morning. He is a total mamas boy as well. If Easton or anyone is on my lap he gets very angry and tries to sit onto of them or move them off my lap so he can stake his claim.....He keeps us laughing constantly and always on our toes.

For Halloween we always go over to Patrick and Angie's house for food and fun (and cocktails for the parents) and then we trick or treat around their neighborhood. The kids love it! Its so fun to watch from the sidewalk as Baylor and Easton go to each house and show off their costumes, yell "trick or treat" and "thank you" and then run back to show us what they got! 

Pat and Angies neighbor who always dresses as a witch! she is so fun! 

He wasn't too sure about this but she had candy so he was brave :) 

my attempt at a picture of me with them....Notice Ben trying to get out of my arms asap

Patrick created a scary clown theme for trick or treaters at their house. Easton was obsessed with this sign for some reason 



Pat, Witch, Baylor, Ben, and Easton
Easton also had his very first sleepover that night. Pat and Angie asked if he wanted to sleepover and he did. Honestly I didn't think he would want to bc he is slightly a scaredy cat about new things but he was very adamant that he wanted to sleepover. They had a blast. Apparently there was a late night dance party (that Easton won) and in the middle of the night Baylor said to him "Easton don't tell my mom and dad but lets go eat cookies" he won't tell me if they actually did or not though lol. The next morning we came over with donuts and got to hear all about the fun they had. 
Easton, Brynlee and Baylor
As every parent knows...Daylight savings is a great concept but if you have small children you never wreak the benefits of it. Mister Ben who normally after late nights and on weekends will sleep tip 7 or later decided that 5am would be a great time to get up that morning....we were so looking forward to sleeping in especially knowing that Easton wasn't home so we would only have one kid to deal with in the morning....welp mom and Ben had some good bonding time in the wee hours of dawn...but I mean looking at that face you can't really complain too much! 
so proud of himself 

He is naughty but thats why we love him so much! 
Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween and that you are all getting used to the time change (and now weather change). It was hard to put away the Halloween decor but that just means that the time to put up the Xmas stuff is getting closer :) XOXOXOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment