Easton is officially 2 1/2 years old now! Having a newborn at home again truly shows us just how much Easton has grown up! He just seems so big to us now. Brian and Easton do swim lessons every Tuesday now with Patrick and Baylor. It is the cutest thing. To be honest I thought for sure we would have the kid who cried and refused to get into the water---WRONG! Easton loves it and spent all weekend showing us how he holds his breath and flaps his lil arms around when hes in the pool :) Its so nice that he and Baylor can do fun things like this together. I did swim lessons with my cousins every year until highschool and still have great memories of those times.
Easton is still being a very helpful and great big brother. We keep waiting for him to regress or act out and so far nothing. I know I know its only week 4 but we will take it while we can. Anytime Ben cries he is very attentive and worried "whats wrong baby Ben?" "its ok baby Ben" He still wants to hold him every chance he can and makes sure that he gives him a good morning and good night kiss daily!
Easton saw many doctors the past week and a half. Brian took both boys out to Runza one night just to give me a chance to shower in peace (without Benjamin crying or Easton opening the shower door to show me something or ask me a question LOL). Easton got some ice cream and the spoon broke off and he swallowed a jagged piece. Runza was very apologetic and is taking care of any cost associated with it. Easton took a short trip to the ER that night to get an Xray to make sure it wouldnt puncture his intestines or something since it was a good size piece with sharp edges. Luckily no harm done but he dislikes doctors anyways so this trip was a bit tramatic for him. 5 days later we were at the pediatricians for his 30 month check up. He worked himself up so much that he ended up throwing up all over the scale when he was being weighed. Brian had to hold him up and out while the nurse and I wiped him down with baby wipes and cleaned up the countertop....Easton is definitely our dramatic child. His appointment after that went well although he had to sit on me or Brians lap for everything and there were many tears shed. Dr. Gary promised us that at age 3 appointments start getting better...Fingers crossed she is right! Luckily no shots so we didnt have to worry about that. He is still our little peanut and the way Benjamin is growing I think he might need to watch out for little brother once they start being able to play/wrestle together.
Easton's stats: Height 38" so he is in the 92% (this may be a tad off since when they laid him down to mark the top of his head and the bottom of his feet to measure he decided to grab his feet and not cooperate); Weight 26lb 2oz (11%); and head size was in the 98% so he is still going to be wearing bigger hats :)
 |
| Checking out the pool before swim lessons started |
 |
| My little wet monkey after his lesson |
 |
Loving on his brother~ Check out Ben's face...he looks a little worried
|
Ben is doing well. He is a eating machine. It is good and bad. His little system is still trying to catch up with him and unfortunately we already ran into the sensitive tummy like we did with Easton. Our pediatrician stated that if you have one baby with that issue than the rest of your babies will have it and probably a little worse. So basically my diet consist of no dairy, no soy, no strawberries, and no nuts...or as Brian calls it "a prison diet". Hopefully it is something he will outgrow in another month or two like Easton did and then I can get back to eating whatever I like without looking at the ingredients on the packages first. It stinks but the sound of Ben crying and wiggling around bc his tummy hurts after nursing is way worse than not being able to eat whatever I want.
At his 2 week appointment he was 6lb 3oz and we took him in a week later bc he kept crying after feedings (when we discovered that I needed to change my diet) and he was already up 6lbs 14oz so he gained 11 ounces in a week. He will be well over 7lbs at our 2 month appointment I am sure. It took Easton over 3 months to hit over 7lbs. This kid doesnt mess around when it comes to meal times. I am still getting up every 2-3 hours during the night to feed him. He tends to fall alseep before his belly is totally full therefore he wakes up sooner than Id like to eat again. at 2am when he dozes off during feeding time I know I need wake him back up to finish but more times than not I just want to go back to sleep myself that I put him back to bed and collapse into my pillow. One of these days Im going to get firmer on making sure he eats enough so he'll sleep longer.....one day soon maybe :) Ben is a lot noiser than I remember Easton being. He grunts and groans whenever he moves positions, eats, he snores when he sleeps, and he is super gassy. Basically he is a typical boy :)
Last weekend my brother and Halley came to meet our newest addition. They brought big Easter baskets for both boys which was so sweet. Easton loved playing with them and showing off as per usual and Ben had a great time snuggling with his Aunt and Uncle. I had a great time catching up and just being around them. I love those two so much and any chance I get to spend an entire day with them is too rare so I soak it all in! Easton woke up Sunday morning very sad that Halley and Thomas were no longer at our house....we think a KC trip is in our near future for sure!!!!
Not much else going on. The basment is DONE (pictures to come soon) so we are having a blast having so much space to relax and play. Brian is happy that now all of Easton and Ben's toys are on two different floors so there is no "clutter" anywhere anymore. I am just happy that its finally done and that we dont have workers in and out of our house daily anymore! I am also ready for the nice weather to get here and stay. These boys need to get outside...and so does their mom!
 |
| super baby |
 |
| Tummy Time.....or as Ben calls it nap time! |
 |
| Aunt Halley--- shes a natural |
 |
| Uncle Tom...has him in the football hold :) |
 |
| Still too big but I just had to try it on him |
 |
| 1 month old today....time is going way too fast |
No comments:
Post a Comment