Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014 so far: Baby Benjamin pics, Big Boy Bed, and Big Bird!

Hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years Eve last week. The Kalasek Klan spent the holiday at home in our PJS watching TV and playing with Easton. Its our favorite way to spend time so we figured why try something new just bc its New Years LOL! Plus its Brians biggest and busiest day at work and Im 7 months pregnant so staying home and snuggling with our lil family sounded amazing!!!!

We got Benjamin's room all painted and somewhat organized. I will be 31 weeks on Tuesday and Easton arrived around week 38 so we figured we better not wait any longer...plus I have moved into the "Im exhausted and dont want to do anything" phase of my 3rd trimester so while I have motivation I better put it to good use. I cant complain too much I am very lucky with this pregnancy as I was with Eastons. No morning sickness or any sickness at all, no swelling, no heartburn, no overly emotional episodes. With Easton I had a lot more cravings and Benjamin doesnt seem to give me any. Still love my ice cream and sweets but thats just a Sam thing..not so much a pregnancy thing I just get away with it more when I use the prego card :)

Thursday we went and got a 4D ultrasound of our little Benjamin. He is really low already and didnt really want to show his face but we did end up getting a lot of great photos. The best part was Easton came and was pretty much unimpressed. He wanted to play with the toys in the room more than anything and play with Nana (My mom also came which was so fun for her!!!!). Afterwards Brian and I had a date night which was WAY overdue and Easton had dinner and played at my parents house all night. Not sure who wore who out but we all had a great day/evening.
 
Benjamin's Room


Looks SO MUCH like Easton did

lil smile for us

Tiny Toes

Loves his hands by his face like his big brother did

Easton is perfecting his diaper changing skills



Easton lately: He loves to practice changing "Baby Bens diapers" and is very much into "I do it myself" which means it takes us even longer to leave the house bc he needs to put his shoes, hat, and coat on "myself" and does not welcome any help what so ever! "I do it" is also heard 100 times a day :) He loves singing ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle, and Old McDonald start to finish...sometimes he wants us to chime in other times he makes sure to let us know that our accompaniment is not welcome "STOP" with a hand gesture and all! Last week one of his daycare friends had a birthday so this weekend he has been singing "Happy Birthday" to everyone from mama to the different colors "Happy Birthday to Red, Happy Birthday to white" He loves naming what color anything and everything is and then quizzing us "mama what color this?" He also likes to say "Red means STOP, Green means GO, and Lellow means "SLOW DOWN" :) He also quizzes us with animal sounds too "dad what does a dinosaur say". Some funny phrases lately (and these are daily) was:
Brian: Easton do you want to take a bath?
Easton: Yes, I stinky!

He also loves to do something that then say "You try" I started telling him "I cant Im too big" when he wants me to lay on my tummy and play with him or jump and roll around on the ground. With the basketball it looks like I swallowed that just isnt an option for me anymore. Now when we ask Easton to do something this is how it goes:
Us: Easton can you __________ (put your shoes on...drink your milk....etc)
Easton: I cant. I too big

He is quite the smarty pants :)

We got Eastons new bedroom furniture delivered on Saturday. I took him out for breakfast and a playdate so he didnt see his old stuff being moved into the nursery just incase....still not sure what he thinks of all these changes....We are very lucky that he is so chill and adaptable bc he thought it was so cool and right away slept great for his nap in his new bed. That night same thing...he went right to bed. He fell out twice. The first time he just continued to lay on the floor and go back to sleep but Brian sat him up on the bed again...The second time was this morning and it scared him a bit bc he was in such a deep sleep. We didnt get rails bc E doesnt sleep vertically or really in one place for long so they wouldve been pointless. Numerous friends gave us advice and the winner was to use pool noodles (those long cylinder foam floaties for pools) and put them on each side of the mattress under the fitted sheep so they act as a lip/bumper. Of course its Jan. and Nebraska so stores arent exactly carrying those. I ordered online and will see if they do the job. The fact that his old furniture is in Baby Benjamins room didnt phase him one bit. We walked in the nursery and thought it was cool that the babies room was all done..then he was ready to go downstairs and play again.  

Eastons new big boy furniture


Daddy showing him the new box where his binkies will live (he only likes them when he falls asleep)
Kinda creepy but shows how small he looks in that bed...and how he does start in the middle of it

And 15 min later has already turned sideways

Just up from his first nap in the new big bed!!! SUCCESS
The lady who watches him gave us tickets and a parking pass to Sesame Street Live this weekend. We took him this afternoon. He really liked it! He loved Elmo. I think in another year he would LLLOOOVVEEE it! The first part of the show he was just in a daze. Amazed at the lights, sounds, and just the surroundings. By the end he was moving and grooving and clapping along. It was fun for us to get him out of the house during these ridiculously cold days- the parking pass was SO appreciated today! Hes exhausted now and we are all bundled up together for the night! After all these holiday weeks I am dreading actually going back into the office tomorrow. Its been nice having the past 3 weeks of either vacation or working from home. Guess I better suck it up...Ill be on maternity leave before we know it!

Happy 2014 EVERYONE!

Getting ready to go see Sesame Street Live!!!!

Mesmorized

No comments:

Post a Comment