Monday, June 6, 2011

BABYMOON- Arizona Trip

Scottsdale was just what we needed. A beautiful, relaxing trip with no structure or set plans. We stayed at the Intercontinental Resport and Spa. It was beautiful! Our villa style room was amazing and we were right at the base of Camelback Mountain!


Brian and I decided that we needed to take a little "babymoon" vacation to relax, unwind, and enjoy ourselves before baby Easton joins the ranks. I am still in the 2nd trimester and have lots of energy so now was the best time to do it. We spend most of the vacation taking lots of walks, laying at the pool, shopping, and took a side trip to Sedona. I was super excited to see that H&M has baby clothes so of course I was all over that! All in all it was an amazing trip and we had so much fun! We ate a lot of frozen yogurt and mexican food. I am still not craving anything crazy or out of the ordinary. Im eating a lot of fruit, frozen yogurt, and cereal. I do not like chicken very much at the moment. Especially the chunks of chicken; I can handle sliced grilled chicken on a salad but I just cant do the little blocks of chunk chicken---YUK!
 
 I still feel really great. My feel hurt by the end of the day, but so far nothing is swelling. My wedding ring still fits :) My baby bump just keeps growing which I love. Easton is so active and now Brian can really feel him, and sometimes I can see my stomach move. Its so cool! I can tell that my body temperature has changed drastically. Pre-pregnancy I would have just put away the portable space heater, and still be wearing my sweatpants around the house at night. Now the fan in our room is always going when we sleep and you wont catch me in anything other than a tshirt at night. Im not miserable and do like the heat, but I see myself spending a lot of time at Champions pool in the water this year as opposed to laying out for hours on end.

23 weeks pregnant
23 Weeks.....Easton this week

Your little doll-sized babe is about to chub up a bit. His saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will too!) and by month's end he'll be double the weight he is now (though you won't be — whew!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible through his skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, he'll become less transparent.
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb. This is what he might look like this week....


No comments:

Post a Comment